Author Topic: "What ever happened to?" - Things that were never resolved in movies, tv, etc  (Read 6510 times)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Is Gaff hunting Deckard and Rachel or what?

I doubt it. The ending makes it pretty clear (well as clear as anything is really made clear in the movie) that he was there waiting to take them out and changed his mind.

Still, Scott shouldn't have made Deckard a replicant. I mean, the movie itself is completely different from the source material anyway, but Decker is meant to be human and is confirmed as such in the book. Besides, the original release basically leaves the question completely unresolved, and the directors cut handles the answer rather hamfistedly.

I always thought that Gaff had come by when Deckard wasn't there, and Deckard just didn't see the origami unicorn in his initial haste to get to the apartment.

Gaff did come by when Deckard wasn't there. He was originally planning on ambushing them, and changed his mind. He left the origami as a literal token gesture of indicating that he could have killed Deckard anytime he wanted to, and could have now as well. The implication is that Deckard hasn't gone crazy, so Gaff really isn't going to bother.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
Unless my memory completely fails me, which is a possibility, I think it was implied that Vulnavia was one of Phibes' clockwork critters to begin with, so she propably just grabbed another face at the body shop. In fact, I think she was also played by a different actress, so that even makes kind of sense.

I'm just shocked that someone knew what I was talking about and that I got a response so quickly.

Vincent Price has always been a favorite. Hell, I even had Bloodbath at the House of Death in VHS at one time, and that film was like a precursor to the whole (Something) Movie -franchise. There were a couple of good laughs in it, though. I especially liked the can opener decapitation. But they pretty much wasted Price on that one.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
...the whole (Something) Movie -franchise.

I'm going to go with "Homicidal Aristocracy".
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"