Author Topic: proposals  (Read 4422 times)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
proposals
« on: October 21, 2009, 04:34:32 AM »
link

i'm having way too much fun with MLIA and am thinking that i will have to say no unless something similar to ^^^^ happens.

so to make this a legitimate topic....
what would your ideal be in a situation of proposal/how did it actually happen?
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: proposals
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »
...how did it actually happen?

Mine was not romantic. We were pregnant, and one day while driving into town and he turned to me and said 'So do you think we should get married?' and I said 'Yeah, I guess so'  Of course here we are 16 years later, so I guess it worked.

Anyone who would complain about that Mario proposal doesn't get what romance is.   

I think anything where there is forethought put into it and fits the gals personality is romantic. (if she doesn't play Mario this specific one probably would have been a waste of time) But obviously this gal did...so spot on for a romance star.  *gives the dude a sticker*
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 08:11:09 PM »
Anyone who would complain about that Mario proposal doesn't get what romance is.   

I'm expecting something on geekiness levels like this:

*Hands me a jade ring shaped like this*

"Jen ________ of Sector 2814! You've been chosen to join the Married to Me Corps!"

----------

And I wouldn't have a problem with it. =)
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 10:18:49 PM »
I don't remember how mine happened. Really.

It was the third day we knew each other. And we were on the phone. That much I remember.

We had a great first date two days earlier, and an extremely naughty second date the evening before. And by the end of this phone call, we had agreed to get married (guess that second date was really something, huh?).

This was totally a surprise to us both, really. I mean, she was 37 and had just bought a house. I was 33, a year divorced, and just got a great loft apartment across the street from a bar. I had plans for the wenches who frequented said bar. Neither of us had any intention of getting married. But for some reason, it just clicked, and then happened. A month later, we were in Vegas, getting married.

We just celebrated 10 great years this past August. It's worked real well. I wouldn't trade my life for anyone's.

I wish I could remember more details, but "the phone call" is about all I recall.   

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 10:17:22 PM »

I'm expecting something on geekiness levels like this:

*Hands me a jade ring shaped like this*

"Jen ________ of Sector 2814! You've been chosen to join the Married to Me Corps!"

----------

And I wouldn't have a problem with it. =)

Any self respecting comics nerd would get you an engagement Infinity Gauntlet. Besides, the ring couldn't control yellow stuff.
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »
I proposed to a few girls in college. The details are a little hazy, but I think I said something to the effect of: "C'mon baby, lesh get murred. C'mooon! Where y'goin' baby? Aaaaah, f#@* you, then! Your boyfren's a homo anyway! Great choish!... Hey baby, wush yer' name? Wanna' get murred?"
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 07:46:11 AM »
So far I've been preemptive with my proposals.

But...I guess the optimal situation would definitely include some sort of utter geekiness or weirdness that would also include an in-joke.

Like, for some summertime fun me and this girl used to go driving around downtown, where the twentysomething guys were usually cruising around with their daddy's car, all windows open, techno blasting at full volume, and followed suit with our own brand of muzak. Something in that vein, perhaps, although I haven't got a clue what it would be at this point.

Or something Falloutish, with optional zombies/ghouls.

A suprise ghoulish finger in the food with a wedding ring on, perhaps? Hmm.

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 11:53:16 AM »
"When the shark comes out of the water" is already taken, right?

Thrakazog

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 06:53:32 PM »
The details army that exciting, but I ended up doing it like 4 times. She said yes every time to...  Don ask.
On the fringe, blood and bullets are the rule of law, and if you're a man of conviction, violence is inevitable.