Author Topic: iPod Games  (Read 3537 times)

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
iPod Games
« on: August 14, 2009, 05:31:09 AM »
I got an iPod touch the other day - really neat little gadget. I got a few games (chess, a word game, The Quest, Tiger Woods, Trival Pursuit) - anything I should know about (particularly, any decent turn based strategy games? This would seem a great platform for a Heroes of Might and Magic type of thing)

And c'mon UV - wake up!!! 

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: iPod Games
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 08:43:48 AM »
The Oregon Trail is somewhat fun but a bit simplistic. It's an updated version of the classic and you get to meet Walt Whitman!

iDracula is fun. Mix Diablo in with Vampires and you have iDracula.

iDracula gameplay video
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 01:50:06 AM »

*Zzzzzzzzzzz....* *snort* *sniff* *uhhh*

Sorry, was at GenCon for the past 5 days or so.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 01:24:51 AM »

*Zzzzzzzzzzz....* *snort* *sniff* *uhhh*

Sorry, was at GenCon for the past 5 days or so.

I was at Jencon myself. Got confusing when they announced for people over the intercom.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 09:59:49 AM »
iPod, schmiPod, I got myself an android-based HTC Magic \o/

*plays some more tower defense*

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Thrakazog

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 01:33:53 AM »
Hero of Sparta is great, the Spore game is ok, but nothing special...  I heard the Mass Effect game was really good too, but I didin't want to spend that much money on it...  the others were only .99
On the fringe, blood and bullets are the rule of law, and if you're a man of conviction, violence is inevitable.