Author Topic: Boo!  (Read 7425 times)

The Roshambo Warrior

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
Boo!
« on: June 22, 2009, 07:20:14 AM »
Hey guys.  As surprising as it might sound, I've missed you.  I've been off, taking a break from the Fallout community and a few other places for a while as a collect up my thoughts for designing a few games, two of which are currently under development.  It has been a good thing overall, and I think I've returned to my old humorous self in the last while during the focus upon creative work.  My anger now is really only reserved for shyster game publishers and some developers.

I'm not really going to dredge up the past except to say that I've really not hated you guys for anything.  There's been the occasional disagreement, getting caught in middle of blow-ups and that sort of thing.  Trying to sort out a situation when you have friends on both "sides" is a bit troubling, and unfortunately it led to a shortness of temper since I was also moderating three other forums at the same time.  I'll admit I overreacted quite a few times, while some of my ideas to help re-solidify the UV blew up in my face.  All I can say about that is I screwed up, though I am incredibly glad that the UV is still around and doing as well as ever.  So many names from the past...

But despite all the arguments, blow-ups, clashes and divisions, I still love you guys.

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
Re: Boo!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 08:34:35 AM »
*waves* Welcome back.  I'm the night shift around here.

I'd poke you with the pointy stick, but I've got a prior engagement to go shoot people with lasers, so, uh...could you just tell people I poked you if anyone asks?

The Roshambo Warrior

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 08:50:34 AM »
Heyas...I was seriously afraid that the forum was a bit deserted from almost nobody on (I remember the scroll on the old WebBBS forum...wow...) or if I might have scared folks away.  Let's hope they're all not grabbing pointy sticks while I'm not looking...

*looks sheepish*  I don't mean to be scary, at least not here.

Hello to you, too, though I wonder if I might know you as another alias, perhaps?

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 09:32:51 AM »
I'm not one of the old-old guard.  Used to be called SwashBlade but that name was too long so now it's just Swash.  Not sure if I remember you from seeing you post or from people talking about people that used to be around.  Always tricky when it's been this long.

The Roshambo Warrior

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 09:44:21 AM »
I *do* remember a SwashBlade, but unfortunately not much else.  Anyways, good meeting you, again if it's the case.  :)

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 12:29:50 PM »
Acks..a  Rosh.. o_O Hai

The Roshambo Warrior

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »
Hai, it is a Rosh.  :D

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
Heyas...I was seriously afraid that the forum was a bit deserted from almost nobody on (I remember the scroll on the old WebBBS forum...wow...) or if I might have scared folks away.  Let's hope they're all not grabbing pointy sticks while I'm not looking...

*looks sheepish*  I don't mean to be scary, at least not here.

Welcome.

We are a bit slower moving and have been for a while, but we're still around and have a fairly steady post rate. We even have some lurkers.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 03:42:58 PM »
Welcome back, it's good to see old members bounce back onto the board.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 04:28:03 PM »
i have no idea who you are to be quite honest, you might have been leaving just as i was joining. dont take this personally, but i will be throwing tangerines at you anyway. =)

*customary tangerine toss into soft bits*

hi!
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

The Roshambo Warrior

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 06:47:23 PM »
*SPLUT*  Right in the face.  Nice aim.  :D

Ahhh, that's what I missed about the UV.  Kind of like a J.P. Patches show, but without the C word.

They are all evil.

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 09:53:18 PM »
I remember Rosh, though you may not remember me, I didn't frequent the board often during my years of membership (still don't really, but I've always been around.)

Welcome back,  /pelts with Tangerines for good measure :)

Pipboy 2000

• Administrator of Things/Thongs
  • Administrator
  • Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 04:00:08 AM »
welcome back Rosh :)
Pipboy2000
Postmaster General, Unwashed Civil Defense Force

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 01:14:37 AM »
Ahoy there - long time no see.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 04:46:59 AM »
Holy @#$%, Rosh!! How are you, man???

I know what you mean about the "both sides" thing. That was a dark time.

Yea, we're still kicking here. Little slow, but to be expected. We're seriously an old-school community (the first "non-interplay" fallout community, iirc), so it's stunning that we're even around at all.