Author Topic: Could this be true? 7 of 9 triggered a Obama presidency?  (Read 2211 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Could this be true? 7 of 9 triggered a Obama presidency?
« on: June 18, 2009, 09:00:45 AM »
From TVTropes.org

Jeri Ryan divorced her husband to play Seven of Nine on Star Trek Voyager (he refused to move to Hollywood with her). The divorce was contentious, and a lot of salacious dirt was spilled. When Jack Ryan ran for the U.S. Senate in 2004, the release of the documents forced him to withdraw, allowing his challenger to win in a landslide against a last-ditch replacement. The landslide victory propelled the challenger, Barack Obama, to a position from which he could then launch a campaign for President, and... well, you know the rest.

It's not like she gave the office to him but it's an interesting butterfly effect.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:03:16 AM by Doombot »
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Laughinman

• Tangerine Target
  • Stupid, but still alive
    • View Profile
Re: Could this be true? 7 of 9 triggered a Obama presidency?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 12:54:48 PM »

It's not like she gave the office to him

are you sure ?
as you should know, resistance is futile...
A witty reply proves nothing.
      - Voltaire

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 02:03:23 PM »
The divorce was contentious, and a lot of salacious dirt was spilled.

The ookiest detail was her contention that he used to take her to clubs where he would ask guys to have sex with her while he watched. She never went for it, though.

And I believe it was the Chicago Tribune that sued to get the details of the divorce released. IIRC, it was tangential to some political thing on him they were investigating.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 12:29:34 PM »
Why would anyone who was married to Jeri Ryan want to watch other guys have sex with her rather than doing it himself?  That makes no sense!

Of course, "Barack Obama is a Spy for the Borg" is certainly one of the less "out there" conspiracy theories I've heard.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:31:19 PM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 04:27:21 PM »
Unavailable for comment

"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney