Author Topic: Bwanno - FOUND!!!  (Read 3641 times)

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
Bwanno - FOUND!!!
« on: April 20, 2009, 03:19:13 AM »
The Breeders - Cannonball. 1993. Thank you XM Radio.

Ok, so it doesn't exactly say "bwanno", but upon listening, you can clearly see where I got that from. Listening to it now, the song isn't even that good (it's decent, but a bit too disjointed).

Now that that's done, time to turn my attention that movie with that one dude. Maybe there was a skull somewhere. And a car. Definitely a car.

You know the one I mean??

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Bwanno - FOUND!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 05:59:34 AM »
is that the one where the teenages stumble on a satanic ritual and then spend the movie on a road trip running from them?

In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 07:19:16 AM »
is that the one where the teenages stumble on a satanic ritual and then spend the movie on a road trip running from them?

well, I was kidding.... but you just prettymuch described Race with the Devil with Peter Fonda and Loretta Swit (Hot Lips from TV's MASH). Excellent movie!

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 08:16:56 AM »
Ah, The Breeders. So much graduation-year nostalgia.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 08:39:06 AM »
The Breeders - Cannonball. 1993. Thank you XM Radio.

Ok, so it doesn't exactly say "bwanno", but upon listening, you can clearly see where I got that from. Listening to it now, the song isn't even that good (it's decent, but a bit too disjointed).

Now that that's done, time to turn my attention that movie with that one dude. Maybe there was a skull somewhere. And a car. Definitely a car.

You know the one I mean??

I didn't expect that song to ever be found. Congrats!

But yes... that movie. Max Max and you're talking about the car with the skull on it's side.

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »
well, I was kidding.... but you just prettymuch described Race with the Devil

that's what it was called!
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »
Bwanno? Isn't that what they use to make gunpowder? Or maybe it's the lead singer for U2?

"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 08:25:50 PM »
Bwanno? Isn't that what they use to make gunpowder? Or maybe it's the lead singer for U2?

He's a villager from Australia.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!