Author Topic: Legend of the Seeker  (Read 3082 times)

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
Legend of the Seeker
« on: January 30, 2009, 09:44:40 PM »

the things I don't know about amaze me!

So I had a dream last night and in this dream Kevin Sorbo hugged me.

That of course, in a round about way, led me to find out about this show I've never watched, Legend of the Seeker,  a tv show of  Terry Goodkinds 'Sword of Truth'. 

I might actually check it out, see what it's like. I think I accidentally saw 10 minutes of an episode a few weeks ago, but having no idea what it was I watched long enough to think the gal in it was kinda pretty and turned the channel.

"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of the Seeker
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:08:35 PM »
I posted about it in the TV shows thread but I shall copy/paste in an attempt to acquiesce to your non-thread reading ways. Plus I'm lazy and don't want to make up another post about it.  :P

Also I've gotten slightly hooked on the epically bad Legend of the Seeker due to Hulu and the mid-season hiatus of my other shows. This thing has so many plot holes that I don't even try to keep track of them anymore. It's only redeeming factor is that Bridget Regan is hot and that it's a fantasy based TV show that has somehow survived its first few episodes (probably due to the aforementioned hotness of Bridget Regan) .
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 11:19:16 PM »
there are so many fricken 'rules' around this place about posting stuff.  99% of the time I figure someone is gonna bitch for some reason or another if I post something, so I don't.  I did indeed assume this one was gonna get flack for being about a TV show when there was a TV show thread, or that someone had mentioned it. I even looked in said thread for this show but didn't see it.

*sighs*

anyway, I did try to start out the topic with it all being about my dream of Kevin Sorbo and his giving me a hug. Which was quite a pivotal part of the conversation, and I don't think there is a dream thread anywhere so that should have been ok.

*nods*

I thought (from what I saw) that it would be like Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess - but the site I read said it doesn't  have the same humor as those did. I kinda miss a good fantasy type show that I can watch for its' cheesy value.  I think the dude they have playing Zedd bugged me and that was the reason I turned the channel.   

it doesn't seem to have the same amount of eye-candy that Xena and Hercules had, but indeed, that main gal is very pretty. So is her dress. :D

~KGF

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 11:41:50 PM »
I met Kevin Sorbo at a golf course once.  He did not give me a hug, because I am a guy.  However, he had a very firm handshake!
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 12:04:42 AM »
there are so many fricken 'rules' around this place about posting stuff.  99% of the time I figure someone is gonna bitch for some reason or another if I post something, so I don't.  I did indeed assume this one was gonna get flack for being about a TV show when there was a TV show thread, or that someone had mentioned it. I even looked in said thread for this show but didn't see it.

But...I gave you the  :P face and that implies I was being playful  :worried:

I wasn't complaining, I promise.

Oh and funny story about Kevin Sorbo re: yours Dwarfly. Keep in mind this was many years ago when I was in shape. My best friend's girlfriend, my step-brother and I were waiting on my fiend and started watching Hercules. Apparently Kax (everyone in that group has a nickname based on their real name plus 'x') had never seen the show before. So we get to a scene where Sorbo is just workin the female viewers (cutting wood, drinking and having it spill down his chest, etc) and my friend's girlfriend says, "He looks like you, Jay" (Jay would be me). I remember my eyebrows shot up in surprise and I said something like, "Umm...I'll definitely take that as a compliment" and my step-brother laughed and said, "Yeah, I would". So I'm starting to puff up a bit. The ego is in danger of growing even more ouf of control than normal. Then she says, "Oh, well I'm not wearing my glasses."  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 12:12:45 AM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 02:41:35 AM »
I think a real life hand shake trumps a dream hug - but Than, I bet if you'd been crying he would have given you one of those manly patting the shoulder hugs. Of course, only if you were crying for a manly reason.

Brug  - no one has ever told me I look like Kevin, but I do have a friend who says I look like  Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies. Not sure how to take that.... lol -  :D

~KGF

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 03:54:38 AM »

All apologies must be filled out using form T41-B12 and turned in to committee for review before being accepted. Your apology will likely be fastracked and accepted, because frankly at this point the board needs all the attention it can get, good or bad as it may be.

p.s. Ain't no such thing as a manly reason to cry.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 04:14:47 AM »
Brug  - no one has ever told me I look like Kevin, but I do have a friend who says I look like  Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies. Not sure how to take that.... lol -  :D

Yeah well it's no coincidence that the list of famous people I got comparisons to went like this with age -

18-20ish - Kurt Russell
25ish - Kevin Sorbo
30+ - Kevin Smith

:(