Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 542296 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #450 on: March 25, 2008, 04:08:49 PM »
Haven't been online much at all these days. I've been riding on the roller coaster from hell for a couple of months now. One of those, bad mood, nothing good to say, so stay afk. My mother-in-law passed away in February after many months of critical condition, in and out of hospitals. On top of that there's been lots of bullshit landing on our doorstep(family), so my stress levels are at an all time high and my health is probably at an all time low.
Just wanted to let you guys know I'm thinking of you, I just don't have anything cheery to post.:( Things will get better and I will be back.

*dwarf hugs*
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 25, 2008, 04:14:36 PM »
Painting sucks. That's all I have to say.

I know and I seem to keep getting pulled back into it. My mother used to paint houses (interiors) as her job along with wallpapering. She did faux painting to make things look like marble and such as well. So over the years when I was in college or between other jobs I'd help her. Since I've been sick I've helped her when people move out of her rental properties. We've got the one upstairs from me to do and I'm half dreading it and half looking forward to it. I hate the painting but it will kill the boredom of sitting around all day.  :P
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #452 on: March 25, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »
Haven't been online much at all these days. I've been riding on the roller coaster from hell for a couple of months now. One of those, bad mood, nothing good to say, so stay afk. My mother-in-law passed away in February after many months of critical condition, in and out of hospitals. On top of that there's been lots of bullshit landing on our doorstep(family), so my stress levels are at an all time high and my health is probably at an all time low.
Just wanted to let you guys know I'm thinking of you, I just don't have anything cheery to post.:( Things will get better and I will be back.

*Giant Hugs*

I hope things get better or at least feel less stressful soon.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #453 on: March 25, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »
Since everyone else gave you a hug, I'll give you a high five.
*high five* !!

Hope things go better. We'll await your glorious return.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 25, 2008, 06:34:25 PM »
Since everyone else gave you a hug, I'll give you a high five.
*high five* !!

Hope things go better. We'll await your glorious return.

Hrmph

High fives and Giant hugs?

*feels inadequate*

:(

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 25, 2008, 06:42:39 PM »
*hands tink a cookie*

cookies make everyone feel better and then you can even poison them to get back at those you dont like *nod*

your cookie isnt poisoned btw.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 25, 2008, 09:15:09 PM »
=sidles up to Tink and gives her some roses=

And for you... a Kiwi Smoothie XD
=legsitrightquick=
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

karategoldfish

• Wasteland Denizen
  • uv mac enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • http://karategoldfish.livejournal.com
« Reply #457 on: March 28, 2008, 01:28:33 AM »

Hrmph

*feels inadequate*

*giant hug for brugdor as well!*

are you going to post some pots soon? hmmmmm?
love, fish

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 28, 2008, 08:41:34 AM »

Hrmph

*feels inadequate*

*giant hug for brugdor as well!*

are you going to post some pots soon? hmmmmm?

I mean I feel inadequate because I can only give *dwarf hugs* which are neither giant nor high.   :(

I haven't made much of anything clayish in a while. I wasn't feeling well much this last quarter of class. I do have one hand built bowl that's pretty big and I should be getting my frog vase fired  tomorrow night. So by next weekend I should have at least those two pieces to show off.

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 28, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »
Thanks everyone. Hugs are hugs, no matter how big or small they are, they count.:) I'm sure the cookies were good, but I think someone beat me to them. My daughter made me cookies yesterday. It's the first time she did it from start to finish all by herself. She even cleaned up after herself. Wow!
Things are calming down a bit around here. Hubby  put his foot down and let them all know that there will be no more bullshit brought to our house. If they want to screw up their lives, thats their business, but don't bring it beyond our doorstep. My stepdaughter is a breath away from getting bitch slapped and her 16 yr. old son is on notice that he WILL be banned from our house should he decide to come spend the night and get my 2 boys stoned out of their mind. I may be old, but I know what high looks like when I see it, and my refrigerator and pantry looked like an army attacked. I'm kickin ass and takin names later, b/c I'm not taking anymore bullshit.

Damn.......I've gotten mean in my old age. lol!
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #460 on: March 28, 2008, 05:59:27 PM »
I may be old, but I know what high looks like when I see it, and my refrigerator and pantry looked like an army attacked. I'm kickin ass and takin names later, b/c I'm not taking anymore bullshit.

Damn.......I've gotten mean in my old age. lol!

It's amazing how clever we thought we were when we were that age. I wonder how much our parents saw though?

Of course I wasn't that wild. My Dad was a truck driver and my Mom worked late at night. I remember thinking: Wow... I could go out to Hollywood and Party and they would never know...

Yep...

Mmm....

I probably should...

Mm...

Oh Star Trek's on! Oh It's Amok Time! *Sits down and watches Star Trek*

I was a wild one. ;)
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

A.S.S.R.

• Desert Nomad
  • The Claw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 30, 2008, 08:48:44 PM »
*Pokes Head In*

Stuff has been hectic at my end.

An offer has come up, and I might be relocating to Europe for an 8 month internship later this year.

The details are still in the works, but it's looking more likely than not at this point.

The flip side is, I'll be in school over the summer term.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:06:34 AM by A.S.S.R. »

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #462 on: March 30, 2008, 08:57:37 PM »
*Pokes Head In*

Stuff has been hectic at my end.

It looks likely that I'll be relocating to Europe for an 8 month internship later this year.

The details are still in the works, but it's looking more likely than not at this point.

The flip side is, I'll be in school over the summer term.

I'm going to take a chance and say: "Congrats!".

Mainly because I'm a big believer in living in different areas. Make sure to take lots of pictures. =)

A.S.S.R.

• Desert Nomad
  • The Claw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 31, 2008, 12:05:43 AM »
Thanks.

The digital camera will definitely come along for this trip.

Once the contract comes through, I just need to figure out where I'll live and how I can get some health insurance coverage.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 31, 2008, 01:34:44 AM »
where in europe and how can i tag along?
In case of rapture, can I have your car?