Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541489 times)

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #285 on: November 20, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »
Me on Guard Duty, yeah!!! Great Times.

Could I borrow one of those.  ;)
I still miss my ex, but my aim is getting better. ;D
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 20, 2007, 08:29:26 PM »
I suggest the one with the underbarrel grenade launcher. Then missing becomes alot less of a problem ;)
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 21, 2007, 07:15:20 AM »
It *appears* that my hardware issues were due to my hard drive crapping out on me. So the bad news is that I had to get a new drive and have been installing Windows XP for the last several hours. The good news is that I went ahead and upgraded to a 10,000 RPM drive so at least something positive came out of it.

Like I said it appears that the drive was my issue. It had to either be that, my power supply or my MB. I kept getting those blue screens of death and couldn't narrow down what might be causing them more than that. WIth this new drive though I've been downloading and installing programs for several hours with no blue screens so it looks like I guessed right.

I've set Steam to DLing COD4 overnight and I'll have to grab TF2, HL2 and the rest of it tomorrow.

I won't feel completely out of the woods until I get to gaming and see if everything is working properly with video and sound.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 21, 2007, 07:17:17 AM »
I suggest the one with the underbarrel grenade launcher. Then missing becomes alot less of a problem ;)

Yeah but if you get that you can't add a grenade perk.

/end COD4 nerdiness
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 21, 2007, 11:27:53 PM »
Ugh...the on board sound on my MB was a real pain to get going again. I had to find some Windows patch that fixed something SP3 does to some sound cards. The problem? MS claims the patch is still in beta and charges you around $50 to download it off their site. I found another link for it though so the first part was done.

Now I had to track down sound drivers for my MB's on board sound because, oddly enough, they weren't in the driver file Nvidia had on their site. On that one I ended up having to install drivers for another company's 680i MB and hope for the best. Luckily both my MB and that one seem to be stock so it has worked fine for now.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 22, 2007, 07:54:44 PM »
Deployment to Iraq next week. So I will be gone for a spell, though I hope to send pictures if I can... an if not, well everyone take care :D :army:

Going to do some   :rifle:

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 23, 2007, 03:13:49 AM »

Hopefully as little as possible.

Stay safe man. 

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #292 on: November 23, 2007, 07:39:46 AM »
Deployment to Iraq next week. So I will be gone for a spell, though I hope to send pictures if I can... an if not, well everyone take care :D :army:

Good luck!

Hopefully it's a short deployment and you'll be back having fun in the States fairly soon. =)

Hugs,

Jen
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #293 on: November 23, 2007, 05:57:04 PM »
Godspeed, man. Have as much fun down there as you can, and make sure to bring home a jar of Iraqi dirt :)

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 23, 2007, 10:59:09 PM »
Yeah I will try for it... and I will see if I can get some pics of Saddam's crib.

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 24, 2007, 01:13:06 PM »

send me your e-mail and I'll keep in touch while you're over there. I stayed in contact with someone that was in Iraq for over a year. He just finished his tour and is back home. The Army has realized that contact with ppl back home is essential for our soldiers and they do get to use a laptop  on occasion.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 24, 2007, 07:16:31 PM »

send me your e-mail and I'll keep in touch while you're over there. I stayed in contact with someone that was in Iraq for over a year. He just finished his tour and is back home. The Army has realized that contact with ppl back home is essential for our soldiers and they do get to use a laptop  on occasion.

That's a great idea! I'll PM you with my email address as well Carib.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #297 on: November 24, 2007, 07:22:04 PM »
Oh... we should do a gift box for our Villagers that are deployed!
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #298 on: November 24, 2007, 07:25:40 PM »
We got a side job as travel writers for Vegas attractions. Basically we get two free tickets and paid to write a 5 - 7 page review.

This is good because we want to do that whole 'OMG! We're in a new place! We should go out and see everything this place has to offer!' mode.

It's also good because we'll see things we may not feel like paying to go see. eg. I'm sure Wayne Brady is funny but given the choice between Wayne Brady and Cirque de Soleil: Love, we'll pick Cirque de Soleil.

Now we can see both. =)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 07:34:29 PM by Doombot »

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 25, 2007, 04:01:22 AM »
Sounds like an idea of an Unwashed Villager Box.... :D

How many deployed or active soldiers does UV have anyway?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 04:29:50 AM by Carib »