Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541382 times)

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2007, 02:39:01 PM »
Apparently I have a new cat... we found a little black and white stray kitten.  It's incredibly friendly; to the point where it won't leave you alone and is constantly under foot.  Stitch keeps hissing and swiping at her though.

I didn't want one cat, now I have three! how did this happen?

Probably the same way it happened to me.  My latest edition came 2 weeks ago from my sister. The kitten was only 4 wks. old when it ran in front of her car. As soon as she realized it was a little kitten she HAD to pick it up before it got hit by someone. Loaded with tics and fleas and very sick, she dropped it off at the vet. She nursed it back to health for several weeks but had to get rid of it b/c she already has 4 cats. She knew that I'm friends with the animal control officer here, so she dropped off with me to find a home for him. If I call my friend, she has to bring him to humane society, which really isn't all that humane at times, so my husband said that we were keeping him. Now, the cat that I got last summer(another rescue cat), thinks that she is he new kittens mother and plays with him and cleans him. It's so cute to watch. My siamese is still pissed off about the whole thing though and refuses to acknowledge the little bugger.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2007, 03:05:22 AM »
Liz and I at the wedding of two friends a few weeks ago.

All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2007, 01:24:07 PM »
This is my two, stitch is the one sitting on my knee, trying to make a meal of my hand, and the new one is probably wondering why nobody is petting her.

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2007, 11:14:45 AM »
Business is in full swing, part time job involves a English boss isn't as fun as I thought, and trying hard to get a new 30,000 Euro contract for a week's work. 

Go, go, go!
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2007, 09:23:01 PM »
Packing bags and gear for Iraq... Fun times. Just as fun as the killer runs in the morning :D

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2007, 05:48:49 PM »
Some women make me doubt my decision to remain single. Women like my pastor's wife, the wife of another friend and of course all of the UV women  ::) remind me that there are indeed some cool women out there to be found. One other woman who brought my doubts to mind is a beautiful Asian woman who has been taking pottery class for two quarters now. She can do pottery that's waaay beyond anything I could do and it all has a very distinctive look to it. I could pick her stuff out pretty easily from other things. She speaks with just enough of an accent for it to be attractive and she is very tall for an Asian woman at 5'9" or so.

Last night I was tired and not really "feelin it" for pottery class. So I sat down on the hand-building side of the room and started messing around making clay critters. I do this every so often. I get them half done and forget about them until they are so dry I have to throw them away. Anyway, she came in late and sat down next to me (it was pretty much the only open spot on that side). She was very tired too as she had been up to NY and back for work. So we were both in silly moods and we chatted while she attempted to make an angel candle holder and I made my little inadequate (compared to her work) critter.

Anyway, it made me miss just talking to a girl every so often. I used to have two close female friends that I could just sit down and talk to for an hour on the phone. One moved away up North and kind of cut ties with everyone for reasons unknown. The other is a friend's wife and I think he was getting a bit paranoid about my relationship with his wife so I backed off. Better to back off and not lose two friends in the process I suppose.  :(
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2007, 07:01:42 PM »
i'm usually online, like all the time if you ever want to chat.

that seems to be the only thing that college is good for.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2007, 08:22:06 PM »
i'm usually online, like all the time if you ever want to chat.

that seems to be the only thing that college is good for.

Hehe, text chatting isn't the same but thanks for offering.  :)

Also it needs to be with someone that has met me or they will just get scared off by the DDV© .  :'(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 08:25:55 PM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2007, 08:40:07 PM »

Also it needs to be with someone that has met me or they will just get scared off by the DDV© .  :'(

The voice is nice! =D

I just couldn't chat much because of roommates in the house. (I liked to stay up late).

Tell you what... I'm going to get a Xbox Elite. You get one and we'll chat till the wee hours of the night.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2007, 08:49:23 PM »
Tell you what... I'm going to get a Xbox Elite. You get one and we'll chat till the wee hours of the night.

Wait....how are we going to get Xboxes and chat till the Wii hours?

*is confused*

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2007, 01:54:33 AM »
Packing bags and gear for Iraq... Fun times. Just as fun as the killer runs in the morning :D

Sounds like our Friday mornings now. Too many people too bozed over from thursday-night drinking = capitol punishment. The bad way. Talk about a 5km jog in terrain. In boots and full uniform. And then a stafetto 200 meters up a 45-degree hill and back down again. Winners go home for a shower, losers split in two. Rinse, lather repeat.

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2007, 06:41:12 PM »
i've just handed in my notice, i move to london in 4 weeks....

as expected, Robert was sad but cool about it, my sister freaked out, nic is also bummed but excited for me and nat is very very excited.

me? i'm doing ok, i'll probably start feeling sad and scared in a bit and then excited and hopeful, then sad and scared and it'll continue until I've moved, found a job and started my new life in a bigger and badder city than i am currently in

robert asked if i had a fall back plan if it all goes tits-up, I said no, he said 'oh..' , I said 'hmm...oh well, i always land on my feet.' 

lets hope it doesnt go tits up eh?!

hmmmm 4 weeks, reckon i've got enough time to run back and get that resignation letter off liz's desk?
probably not eh....oh well

Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2007, 11:18:28 PM »
You get the Doom Handshake and Hug of Respect®.

=)

There's nothing more awesome than taking a chance and going on an adventure.

Best of luck!
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2007, 11:36:01 PM »
Well....

We're still having trouble finding a place to apply for in Vegas. The two that we liked got really low marks.

Some of the marks were minor. "The dog run smells like dog pee and I've seen poo on the grass in the dog area!"

Well... yeah. When there's about 80 units and each one has at least one dog there's bound to be some poo.

POO!

I'm sure it doesn't just sit there for days.

I'm wondering if we should just rent a stand alone unit. That will cut down on neighbor smokers, banging on the walls and ceiling. After one year we can start making payments on a house.

Darn shame though... those places looked perfect for dog people.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2007, 12:09:28 AM »
do you think you'll settle for good, or will the 'seven year itch' hit you again?
In case of rapture, can I have your car?