Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541347 times)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2007, 02:39:39 PM »
Today is the hottest day of the year it seems. It's HOT. We had to go around and get some projects done and look for another fan. Almost all the fans were sold out. We found one at the drug store. It's VERY hot.

I found some more fans for you:

All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2007, 07:11:42 PM »
Today is the hottest day of the year it seems. It's HOT. We had to go around and get some projects done and look for another fan. Almost all the fans were sold out. We found one at the drug store. It's VERY hot.

I found some more fans for you:

Shooo! Their body heat is raising the temperature (and the roof) in my house.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2007, 02:46:24 PM »
move to scotland  ;D

do you suit blue?
Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2007, 04:23:32 PM »
move to scotland  ;D

do you suit blue?

I don't know. I sometimes dye my hair red. Don't they treat Ginger people badly there?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2007, 05:24:47 PM »
Gingers deserve scorn, people who dye there hair aren't actually ginger so they get away with it, having dyed red hairis seen as a  piss take; sort of like saying 'I'm with you brother ginger' while laughing behind your hand at the fact you can revert to a more sane hair colour.

Scottish Gingers are a special case though, the combination of ginger hair and blue skin makes them stand out at any social occasion.

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2007, 06:10:56 PM »
Well, Beijing fun :  1. it usually exceeds 30(35 is common) degree C in day time.  2. There are too many people, so it increases the temperature farther in enclosed spaces. 3. Everyone and their dog have their air conditioner on full blast, therefore increases the heat (outside) even more.   

Of course, I am crazy so I took in another business partner to shift and expand the thing, and I also took on some extra training courses.  I get increased demand for business social events because I need to keep taps on my business contacts.  And half the business meetings/training lessons requires me to look "nice", so I had to run around town in a long sleeved shirt, and a pair of steaming pants.   
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2007, 06:20:49 PM »
Well, Beijing fun :  1. it usually exceeds 30(35 is common) degree C in day time.  2. There are too many people, so it increases the temperature farther in enclosed spaces. 3. Everyone and their dog have their air conditioner on full blast, therefore increases the heat (outside) even more.   

Of course, I am crazy so I took in another business partner to shift and expand the thing, and I also took on some extra training courses.  I get increased demand for business social events because I need to keep taps on my business contacts.  And half the business meetings/training lessons requires me to look "nice", so I had to run around town in a long sleeved shirt, and a pair of steaming pants.   

AGH!!!! I didn't want to admit this but I will. Whenever I read Starseekers posts, I see an Asian girl out the corner of my eye... this nudges my brain just enough to start hearing it in Sweetpea's 'voice'.

"When did Sweetpea get a business partner? What's she doing in China?"

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2007, 07:38:21 PM »

AGH!!!! I didn't want to admit this but I will. Whenever I read Starseekers posts, I see an Asian girl out the corner of my eye... this nudges my brain just enough to start hearing it in Sweetpea's 'voice'.

"When did Sweetpea get a business partner? What's she doing in China?"

Now I don't feel so bad. I was wondering why Sweetpea would be posting pics like that as her avatar. Hmm..."steaming pants", is that like Capri's or low-rise?  ;D
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2007, 11:22:45 PM »
Naw, its how he cooks his veges "on the run" XD
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2007, 12:23:36 AM »
Wow... just wow.

Our Slumlord finally got our letter to do all the repairs. The handyman's been here for a while and the repairs are slowly getting done. My boyfriend just got a message for our landlord's Mother.

"My son is VERY busy and this is stressing him out. I just want to know if your all happy now with the repairs."

She then said the ants are our fault because EVERYONE talks about what pigs we are. Everyone? Yeah... I'm really douptful anyone can accuss me of being filthy. I'm there with a mop and hot water.

Ugh. These are the type of people you can't even respect because they lie about everything. Two sets of Handimen mentioned how they heard how angry we were because they couldn't show up. We were never angry. "Didn't you call seven times?" Us: No! "They said you did. You called and you were cursing!" Us: No!

I can't believe he got his MOTHER to call. His Mother from Northern California.

He's 25 years old and he can't come to us himself? What a useless manchild.

OMG! "Buster" Bluth is my landlord!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:27:53 AM by Doombot »

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2007, 01:12:39 AM »
I like that I somehow manage to sneak into everyone's psyche and i dont mind that the image you have is the girl in seekers avatar cause if i looked as hot as that girl then i think i would walk around wearing as little clothes as i could possibly get away with.

perhaps i should change my picture.......

and dooms i hear your pain: trying to rent a flat in between buying one but cause i've got the cats, i cant get a look in unless i lie.
thought i'd give a flatshare the benefit of the doubt but when the landlady somehow heard i'd have cats with me for the first month, the deposit went from £350 to  £700!!!

like cats could cause £700 worth of damage. the letting lady asked if i still wanted to view

'umm..hell no.'

you should look into buying your own place then you wont have to deal with crappy landlords, thats my plan anyways xx
Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2007, 02:13:50 AM »
and dooms i hear your pain: trying to rent a flat in between buying one but cause i've got the cats, i cant get a look in unless i lie.
thought i'd give a flatshare the benefit of the doubt but when the landlady somehow heard i'd have cats with me for the first month, the deposit went from £350 to  £700!!!

like cats could cause £700 worth of damage. the letting lady asked if i still wanted to view

Often times landlords have to replace carpeting when pets have been there so that later tenants don't get allergies. This probably explains the higher deposit.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »
i understand about allergies and stuff but it wasnt the fact that i had cats that was the issue, it was the fact that i was going to have 5 cats for the first month but then i'd only have 2 there after.

they didnt mention allergies or anything which makes me think that they're assuming i haven't trained my cats properly or that i'm so desperate for the flat that i'm willing to give up the majority of my month's salary for the deposit leaving me with £20 a week for the rest of the month.

A.S.S.R.

• Desert Nomad
  • The Claw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2007, 06:14:43 AM »
Moved into my dorm room for this term today.

It's rather nice, and should make for slightly better living than my previous arrangements.

- A.S.S.R.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2007, 10:35:44 PM »
Life at JRTC... and here are the pics...

Me and my Battle Buddy Tim Robinson...

Striking a Pose... When you got free time at JRTC, you use it... Me being the man of color and the one crouching is our Man with the prawn Romero and the one standing looking all cool and like the guy from Transporter is my Room mate...

The Outside of the FOb... Beyond the wire... Had to sleep out there for three nights... Place was spooky.

The CH-47 coming in...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:38:53 PM by Carib »