Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541097 times)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #750 on: April 08, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »
First of all, Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers was king. That show started when I was nine and I still loved it.

i was 6, it was awesome.

abc is now running it as "new" during saturday morning cartoons. they just introduced tommy as the bad guy (he stood up kimberly)
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 09, 2010, 12:40:21 AM »
abc is now running it as "new" during saturday morning cartoons. they just introduced tommy as the bad guy

Yeah, I heard ABC's added a bunch of comic book freeze frames and word bubbles and stuff to the old episodes.

(he stood up kimberly)

Only someone truly evil, (and possibly gay), would EVER break Kimberly's heart like that. I'd NEVER in a million years stand up a girl like Kimberly! You know, unless I'd made other arrangements with Rose Tyler or Topanga. OH GOD I'M SO LONELY!!!  :bigcry:

On a sidenote, I found this image while doing a search for the above image. I have to say that I would be compelled to sign up for this class if I saw it advertised just so I could say I trained in martial arts with the guy who played Green Ranger. I wouldn't care if it it was a kenpo class at the YMCA geared for children, I'd still go.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:49:42 AM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 09, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »
Yeah, I heard ABC's added a bunch of comic book freeze frames and word bubbles and stuff to the old episodes.

i didnt notice anything different outside of "wtf has hd done to us"

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #753 on: April 18, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »
The BF is on shoot and I got a message. "Can you get the garden hose? We were vandalized last night."

While tired, I was more than ready to beat someone with it but alas all I needed to do was wash off some chalk graffiti.

What's a "A** Whole"?

Someone's name was mentioned on the ground and there's some sort of memorial car wash down the block from us naming the person who died. Did the people that lived here before us kill him somehow? Car crash or something?

And if you think that's bad...

There's a pentagram out in the street! Washed that off as well.

So do the graffiti people worship Satan? I don't know. Do they or Dante?

Probably kids trying to be "cool" by incorporating Satan when they should incorporate Satin. It's far more stylish.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:52:03 PM by Doombot »
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 07, 2010, 01:31:06 AM »

Probably kids trying to be "cool" by incorporating Satan when they should incorporate Satin. It's far more stylish.

it's true! in fact, it's been done before!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #755 on: May 07, 2010, 02:01:22 AM »

it's true! in fact, it's been done before!

Yeah that whole pentagram thing was as strange as this photo.

Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 08, 2010, 01:51:04 AM »
i can officially call myself a senior in college. in about a year they'll let me loose on the world.

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 13, 2010, 03:27:09 PM »
After nearly 2 yrs. I quit my job. They got me to the point where I was in tears at least twice a week and my blood pressure was through the roof. Nobody should be expected to work from 8-5 without a break. This job sucked so much, that I had to bring the phone in the bathroom with me b/c I was the only one that could answer it without saying "Ola". When I started, I was just the cashier. Within two weeks, I was handed a key and asked to close. A couple of months later, it became "we need you to open too". The boss' daughter left, so I was doing the book keeping, billing, scheduling, ordering, etc., aside from cashier, cleaning, detailing cars and drying them off when we got busy(which was a lot). Customers would constantly tell my boss that I needed roller skates. The final straw was when I needed my pay stubs to get my kids health insurance. I asked the boss for a month to print them out, but he kept putting it off. When I finally said, I need them today!, the arguement started. Everyone on that job got paid cash b/c it was easier for them. When I did get my pay stubs, they were only for 30 hours @ $7.50 an hr.. I had to fight to get a raise to $8 an hour and I worked 45-50 hours a week, not 30. I'm beyond pissed right now b/c until I find a different apt., I can't even fight that b/c my old boss is my landlord as well. My crew misses me and wants me to come back, b/c I took good care of them. The whole crew at that car wash was Mexican, and they were the best group of guys I've ever worked with. I miss them, but I can't work under such barbaric conditions. Nobody should have to put up with that.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 15, 2010, 01:31:21 AM »
After nearly 2 yrs. I quit my job. They got me to the point where I was in tears at least twice a week and my blood pressure was through the roof. Nobody should be expected to work from 8-5 without a break. This job sucked so much, that I had to bring the phone in the bathroom with me b/c I was the only one that could answer it without saying "Ola". When I started, I was just the cashier. Within two weeks, I was handed a key and asked to close. A couple of months later, it became "we need you to open too". The boss' daughter left, so I was doing the book keeping, billing, scheduling, ordering, etc., aside from cashier, cleaning, detailing cars and drying them off when we got busy(which was a lot). Customers would constantly tell my boss that I needed roller skates. The final straw was when I needed my pay stubs to get my kids health insurance. I asked the boss for a month to print them out, but he kept putting it off. When I finally said, I need them today!, the arguement started. Everyone on that job got paid cash b/c it was easier for them. When I did get my pay stubs, they were only for 30 hours @ $7.50 an hr.. I had to fight to get a raise to $8 an hour and I worked 45-50 hours a week, not 30. I'm beyond pissed right now b/c until I find a different apt., I can't even fight that b/c my old boss is my landlord as well. My crew misses me and wants me to come back, b/c I took good care of them. The whole crew at that car wash was Mexican, and they were the best group of guys I've ever worked with. I miss them, but I can't work under such barbaric conditions. Nobody should have to put up with that.

makes you wish for the good old days at VAC, huh? :)

Sorry to hear it, D. You'll land on your feet - you always do.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 15, 2010, 01:35:21 AM »
I will be cruising to Bermuda on Sunday. Got a nice suite on the back of the boat. Let me tell ya, there is nothing like a glass (or two) of scotch and a cigar while watching the ocean at night - hopefully, the skies will be clear.

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 15, 2010, 04:02:32 PM »
It's even good when it's an artificial lake and second-hand cigarette smoke from further along the deck.  Sufficient quantities of scotch can make pretty much anything enjoyable though.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 15, 2010, 09:13:38 PM »
It's even good when it's an artificial lake and second-hand cigarette smoke from further along the deck.  Sufficient quantities of scotch can make pretty much anything enjoyable though.

funny how that works  :thumbsup:

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #762 on: May 15, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »
After nearly 2 yrs. I quit my job. They got me to the point where I was in tears at least twice a week and my blood pressure was through the roof. Nobody should be expected to work from 8-5 without a break. This job sucked so much,

That's the thought I had with the job (contractor technically) I quit. "A job shouldn't make me feel this bad."

So I quit and got all these nifty Night Owl points! =)

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 31, 2010, 06:49:57 AM »
Been a while... Hey guys. Long time no see. Very sorry. Been busy, lots of training and making our way for the next big Deployment to Afghanistan!

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #764 on: June 01, 2010, 11:16:20 PM »
Supposed to have gotten full time job painting houses, after not working last year. Started Friday, but called in and was told that I wouldnt be working this week, and that they would transfer me to a closer crew. No call back all weekend, so I'm just not going to show up. Awesome, I love inconsistent work. My pockets feel so heavy with all of these Night Owl points i've been racking up!
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse