Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541426 times)

datamies

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #705 on: December 04, 2009, 06:44:41 PM »
i got my first tattoo on friday!!

i'm not going to post a picture cuz my butt doesnt need to be on the internet. it's an asterisk, brown. i wanted it to look kinda like a henna tattoo, not quite sure if it does. i like it anyway.

Heh, I had already forgotten... We were speculating how the video would end up looking like as the nude dude in it has a star shape burned in his ass with a gingerbread... thingy. The star shaped metallic thing that you make star shaped gingerbread with, that is. Now that I checked (the video, not his ass), it seems that the star has faded somewhat and all that there's left is a faint brown star in his right buttock. I know the guy's mad, but I doubt he'll burn it again even if the star is fading :P

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 05, 2009, 01:09:02 AM »
[...] gingerbread... thingy.

cookie cutter.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #707 on: December 06, 2009, 07:49:25 AM »
Just got back from seeing Robin Williams perform at the MGM.

The guy is.... FUNNY!!!! =D

Too bad I can't repeat some of the funnier jokes. :angel:
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 02, 2010, 07:48:10 PM »
Happy New Year One and ALL!

I got married during the X-Mas vacation!

Sorry for being out of the loop for so long people. Busy, training and well field stuff.

:Mr-T:

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 02, 2010, 11:51:25 PM »

Sorry for being out of the loop for so long people. Busy, training and well field stuff.

Wow! Grats and such.  :)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 03, 2010, 01:52:59 AM »

Congrats!
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 03, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »
grats army man.

you do know you cant not show pics now, right?

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 03, 2010, 08:15:10 PM »
Congratulations to you and your lady, here's to many years of growing together in happiness.

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 04, 2010, 03:19:22 AM »
congratulations and my condolences to the bride :D

but happy new year one and all and lets hope this is a much better one for everyone in the village
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #714 on: January 07, 2010, 07:45:59 PM »

Congrats! I remember her... she's pretty!

=)
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 04, 2010, 10:02:20 AM »
I guess I should make all my announcements in one go...
First up - I'm directing a play.  Think I've mentioned that already.  The rehearsal run has started (fourth rehearsal is tomorrow night) and so far it's looking good, not including the extra work I have to put in writing in an extra part, though it's only a pantomime so it pretty much writes itself.

Second up and probably bigger and better news...I'm engaged!  The girl I've been seeing (the director of the first play I was in with my theatre group) dropped a bit of a hint on my birthday that maybe a proposal might be welcomed (exact quote "I believe you should never get married before you're 30...oh wait, that's not a problem anymore, is it?") so after stringing her along for a while (can't be too eager with these things, don't you know) I popped the question...and she grinned and said "Let me think about itOkay!"

So yes, wedding on the way!  So far the wedding may involve pirates or possibly the final performance of the pantomime.  Scary times.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 04, 2010, 07:39:27 PM »
congrats. i'd love to hear the details on a pirate pantomimed wedding

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #717 on: February 07, 2010, 02:10:38 PM »
Wow, congratulations to both of you!

Carib, we demand pictures. Or we're coming to your place and pelting you with tangerines.

Swash, same goes for you!

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 10, 2010, 12:28:43 AM »
I was at a wedding in Texas this past weekend of a friend of mine from college. I was one of the groomsman. There were 5 groomsman, 5 bridesmaids/matrons, 1 groomswoman, and 1 Man of Honor (brother of the bride).

It was one of the most "attached" courts I've ever seen. 4 of the brides attendants were married, including her brother. Then of the groomsman, 3 of them were married (also friends from college), I'm in a long-term relationship, and the groomswoman was engaged. The other groomsman was a currently single gay guy. So of the 12 court members, only 3 were unattached.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 13, 2010, 07:07:30 AM »
Haven't done an update on myself in quite a while. Some pretty major stuff is going on.

1. Mom has cancer. We found this out in late November. It's cancer of the bile duct, is extremely rare, and usually has a very high mortality rate. We got lucky in that hers was found much sooner than this particular cancer is usually found. People don't start showing symptoms until the very late stages but she happened to have a blood test and something odd showed up. So the doctor ordered a scan to be safe and there it was. Her liver is currently 50% covered by it. She did a radioembolization first and is on her next to last round of chemo now. Then we wait a bit and she gets scanned again to check her progress. She has struggled some with the treatments but all in all I have to say that thus far it's not as bad as I imagined it would be on her.

2. I had surgery in December for my apnea. They did a UPPP which is where they cut out a lot of stuff in your throat to create a bigger breathing space. They also did what is called a Genioglossus Advancement which is repositioning where part of the tongue is attached so the back of it is basically tucked in to create a better airway. So far the surgery has worked quite well. I've gone from needing a BiPAP (air pressure both in and out) back to just needing a CPAP (just pressure in) and at about half the pressure I needed before. I still have to do a sleep study to check out my sleep officially but I can say that it's a big improvement.

3. My parents took in my step-dad's 12 year-old grand niece for the school year. She was struggling in school but they've got her doing much better. The plan is for her to go back this summer and stay back home but I know my parents are hoping she'll decide to come back. I hope so too. I get to play around with her on the Wii and introduce her to good movies and such.

Lots of other stuff has been going on with my family here in town but those are the major things.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney