Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 538557 times)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #600 on: January 04, 2009, 05:59:43 PM »
home from school, where i have to share a slow internet connectin on a single computer with up to four other people.

so i've been avoiding it in liew (sp?) of using the bf's bigscreen and cable, and fighting a cat for the right to cuddle with him.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 04, 2009, 07:24:10 PM »
home from school, where i have to share a slow internet connectin on a single computer with up to four other people.

so i've been avoiding it in liew (sp?) of using the bf's bigscreen and cable, and fighting a cat for the right to cuddle with him.

You were close. It's lieu.   :)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 11, 2009, 08:27:31 PM »
I'm leaving work in a month.
Why? So I can go back to University of course.
My previous attempt at inorganic chemistry left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and not because I was licking my creations!
So now, I'm going back for a Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Science, focusing on Food Science and Chemistry. If it all goes well, I'm going to continue on and see how far I can get with Masters in it :)

On a more personal note, my body shape has gotten to the point where I'm physically disgusted every time I take off my shirt. Hence why I leave work in a month, rather than a month and a half. I'm having a couple of weeks off to rest and prepare for student life again and also getting started on getting back into a slimmer shape. Then maybe I wont be so hot all the time, too :P
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #603 on: January 12, 2009, 04:44:25 AM »
So i'm 18. cool, so now i can vote among other things...
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 13, 2009, 12:21:33 PM »
Heh, my sleeping pattern is so off that I've almost completely flipped hours now. I just went out at 6am to take some bills to the post office because if I had waited until I woke up it might have been too late to get picked up first thing.  :dozey:
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #605 on: January 16, 2009, 05:59:55 AM »
Heh. I Just got my first spam mail (Thank Gmail for that)
This is a new one. It seems like they get more and more clever; Maybe people are wising up?

[Dear Friend,

Good day and how are you today?Please permit me to introduce my very self to you. In fact I am Leonard Duke the only child of late Dr Roland Duke who was the director general of cocoa export corporation of Cote D'ivoire and was killed by the rebel forces here in my country cote d'ivoire during a political war at the same time with the former military president General ROBERT GUEI.
While my father was rushed to the hospital unconsious due to the torture and bullet wounds he quickly sent for me as the only born son before his untimely death.Meanwhile he told me all about  this 10.5 millions US dollars (TEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLAS),he deposited here in Cote D'ivoire for future investiment on my name as next of kin.

I am afraid of my life and the safety of this money is not guaranteed in any way,because the political war that brought the untimely death of my beloved father has not come to end yet.The people who killed my father is in search of me.I ran away to hide somewhere,in one of the private hotel here in my country and not free to move around.

1-Rebels never come in agreement with the existing government .
2-Rebels refused to drop their arms for peace to hold and now the campaign of presidential election,  president elect is on couple with the political  WAR.

My life and this money is not save if I remain here in my country.This is why i decided to look for a GOD fearing and honest foreign partner whom this money can be transfered to his or her account for investment in his country. PLEASE I want you to assist me get this money transfered to your private nominate bank account in your country and I will travel out of my country entirely to join you immediately,after when my total money is creddited to your bank account and also you shall look for good investment so that I can invest this money wisely and continue my education and life there with you.There will be legal proof in all about this transaction of Transfer to you.

I have agreed to give you 15% of the total amount and extra 1% maped out for any expenses you might make like,telephone calls,e.t.c,during the time of transfer.
Please for the interest of this business transaction contact me through this my private  mail address immediately you receive this message for more information to enable me proceed towards concluding the arrangement to transfer this money to your bank account.Finaly I got your email contact through my dilligent search for a trust worthy person to assist me achieve a sustainable future. 

Your new friend,
                   Leonard .Duke.
  THANKS YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND MAY GOD BLESS.]

:stupid:
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 21, 2009, 03:09:31 AM »

me in my Class A's

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #607 on: January 22, 2009, 02:00:13 AM »

me in my Class A's

Looking good! You look sharp in a uniform!

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 22, 2009, 04:01:33 PM »
Thanks Doom... But I do have to get my outfit resized, I got extra muscle and baby fat I have to contend with now :D

Shard

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 24, 2009, 07:43:36 PM »
I do not know what has been going on lately with me and/or my checking account. Barring one mishap (when I first moved into my apartment, after I paid the prorate for the first partial month, I was told rent was due on the first of the month. I, perhaps naively, assumed that, as an example, novembers rent was due december first.) I have never been late on a bill payment ever. It's why my credit rating is, apparently, "impeccable" (even though I don't know what my score is, that's what my landlord told me when I was first moving in).

Now, apparently I didn't pay my december cable bill. I swear I remember paying it, but no check was cleared when I went to check my statement to verify. I guess in the hoilday commotion I truly did forget. I paid the late fee and I just ate that one. I was alittle worried about the credit impact since the payment ended up being four weeks late, but I figured everybody has paid one late bill in their life.

Then, I go to pay my phone bill online. My phone bill has always been due on the 12th. I log on on the 11th to pay it, and it says it was due on the 4th. Fuck.

And then, all in the same span of 6 weeks, something apparently happened with my rent bill but I just got the letter in the mail today and I'm trying to figure this out. As a preface, I pay my phone and cable bills with a credit card and my rent, electric and credit card bills by check. This way, I only have two payment periods in a month I have to deal with and it gives me extra time to get the cash inbetween. I had 1800 dollars in my checking account (and I know this because I deposited the money two days before I wrote out the checks). The combined three bills came out to around 1500 dollars. I have not used my checking account for anything else.

Suddenly, I get a letter today from my complex saying one of my checks bounced, even though the money is in the account, and they're charging me with 300+dollars of various fees and saying "pay within 7 days or getout". I have absolutely no clue what the fuck is going on. I'll get them the money and try to get this sorted out but man, this shit has been, as the kids would say, "whack"

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 24, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »
My advice would be to go to your bank and compare your notes with theirs to see if there are some shenanigans afoot with your account. See if it's possible to change account numbers and credit card numbers to be safe.

I hope you can get everything straightened out.  :anxious:

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 24, 2009, 08:26:39 PM »
Suddenly, I get a letter today from my complex saying one of my checks bounced, even though the money is in the account, and they're charging me with 300+dollars of various fees and saying "pay within 7 days or getout". I have absolutely no clue what the fuck is going on. I'll get them the money and try to get this sorted out but man, this shit has been, as the kids would say, "whack"

There may be a hold on some of the funds in your account that would be causing the bounces. Or maybe your timeline is out of whack and someone just tried to cash your rent cheque when you had no funds in the account.

But like Brug said, contact the bank & look at your transactions to make sure all your deposits and debits jibe.

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 24, 2009, 09:11:38 PM »
I have always hated paying things by check - on the chance the bastards I gave the check to hold it for awhile, for some unknown reason, and then cash it when I am not ready for it.

bastards

well, I am sure it will all work out. you are smart that way. *nods*

on another note, all these payments we have as 'adults' are what make me confused about kids wanting to grow up fast.  :D
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 24, 2009, 09:32:03 PM »
on another note, all these payments we have as 'adults' are what make me confused about kids wanting to grow up fast.  :D

no one told me about bills when i was younger. it wasnt until i was looking at colleges that i started thinking about who was going to pay for things. now i'm paranoid about if/how/when i'll be paying for things after moving off campus or graduating to the real world.

but shard, you sound like you have things mostly in line, paper trail wise. going to contest things at the bank usually helps. the only time that i ever had to got me a $20 reduction in my fee (i think it was only $25 to begin with).

just keep face and i know things will turn out fine.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #614 on: January 25, 2009, 06:14:08 AM »
Watch out for ID theft.  One of my other computer is still in limbo after a password virus.  And that huge bug uncovered in July isn't helping things much. 

As for things here..., well, I stuck to my Solar New Year resolution and has worked out for 1-2 hours for 20 days (with 4 days rest) now.  I have lost 9 lbs so far, and my goal is 170 lbs, give or take a few.  I am stepping up my weight/strength training next week, and we'll see how it goes.  As for the diet, it's mysterious, but as long as I eat any kind of breakfast, the rest really doesn't matter.  Momentum is also an mysterious thing, as long as I get started/going, I usually go full tilt untill I have to stop, and no rationalizations or procrastinations can paralyze me. 
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.