Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541370 times)

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #540 on: October 01, 2008, 01:36:14 PM »
Come to NY, we don't have lines, just high prices. The whole gas thing is getting out of control. Someone siphoned the gas out of my husbands work truck the other night. They have a pressure washing truck at the dealership, and he filled it up Monday, and yesterday it was bone dry when he went to use it. Are the lines at the pumps so long b/c of the storms or has it gotten that bad there? WOW! It's like deja-vu of the 70's. What's next, odd and even plates?
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 01, 2008, 03:47:25 PM »
Come to NY, we don't have lines, just high prices. The whole gas thing is getting out of control. Someone siphoned the gas out of my husbands work truck the other night. They have a pressure washing truck at the dealership, and he filled it up Monday, and yesterday it was bone dry when he went to use it. Are the lines at the pumps so long b/c of the storms or has it gotten that bad there? WOW! It's like deja-vu of the 70's. What's next, odd and even plates?

Our supply is down due to the storm and demand shot up because everyone panicked. They've been filling their tanks when they get as low as 3/4 of a tank. We'd likely be fine otherwise as if you travel 40 minutes outside Atlanta there's apparently plenty of gas to be found.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 02, 2008, 07:31:30 PM »
Quote from: MrWeasel
Yes even my prayers are with you carib

Having been there myself during DS I feel for you and all our boys out there.

Just remember 1 important thing

Never Never Never get stuck with the human loaf MRE

Meatballs in BBQ so so much better Cheesy

that and flea collars on your ankles should keep you going

Thanks for the tip. My old man gave me a similar tip... he was out there in DS with SF... warned me about the sand fleas and camel spiders... For now, I operate in the concrete jungles of South baghdad, so I'll be alright... its the children you have to watch out for. So far a good week. Weather is much cooler.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes... Lord knows I need everyone one of them.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 02, 2008, 07:59:07 PM »
its the children you have to watch out for.

They bite your ankles too?  ;)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 09, 2008, 02:35:43 PM »
They tend to crowd you and try to relieve of us of our candy. For some reason, Uncle Sam in all his wisdom didn't see fit to issue us snicker bars.

Nighthavok

« Reply #545 on: October 10, 2008, 05:36:33 AM »

:dead: :dead: :dead:

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 10, 2008, 12:28:55 PM »
Camel Spiders!!!!

karategoldfish

• Wasteland Denizen
  • uv mac enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • http://karategoldfish.livejournal.com
« Reply #547 on: October 11, 2008, 06:01:27 PM »
holy shit
love, fish

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 13, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »
things are really fucked up like supremely, not just a little but royally fucked up

i dont know what to do, there's doors closed on every side and each day its getting harder and harder to breath.  i cried for the first time in about 3 years on friday

now its monday, i've made calls, no one along official lines can help me, I need more information, tried to get it from the usual government bodies and NGO's but no one seems to be willing to give it to me or to give me the correct information that i'm looking for so now i dont know what to do next.  beauracracy has literally taken the power out of my hands and rendered me impotent without giving me a chance to give my side of the story.   

fuck the world, i'm shit scared and apart from direct action against the people who have done this to me (which could turn nasty) I don't see any other way to resolve this.  its fucked up but they've messed with the wrong person.  One way or another i'm fucking sorting this shit out

Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #549 on: October 13, 2008, 11:46:25 PM »
things are really fucked up like supremely, not just a little but royally fucked up
Let us know if we can help... what with the breaking of knees and so forth.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 14, 2008, 12:46:42 AM »
if there are any villagers in london then I might be putting out a mass call out for people to come and show a bit of solidarity en masse at a lady's house who is trying to screw me over

otherwise, i just needed to vent a little.  its been a stressful 2 weeks and 3 months before that
Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 14, 2008, 03:13:30 AM »
if there are any villagers in london then I might be putting out a mass call out for people to come and show a bit of solidarity en masse at a lady's house who is trying to screw me over

otherwise, i just needed to vent a little.  its been a stressful 2 weeks and 3 months before that

Sorry to hear it.  :worried:

*Dwarf hugs*

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 14, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
Sweetpea, you want we should bust some kneecaps for you?

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 15, 2008, 06:28:05 PM »
maybe not bust kneecaps but definitely some threatening looks and shoving might be required

seriously, if there are any villagers in london who'd be willing to show a bit of support then please let me know.

I can fill you in on the story later.

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 21, 2008, 05:55:50 PM »
*Hugs* Sweetpea! I hope things get resolved soon. Venting is encouraged, it always helps to get things off your chest.

Carib-Thanks for the shivers. Daaaaaaaaamn! Those are the ugliest friggin spiders I've ever seen and I used to have a pet Turantula! Aint no way, I'd even go near one of those creepy lookin suckers. Ewww!
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.