Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541878 times)

Killmod

Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #525 on: September 13, 2008, 12:21:06 AM »
My oldest (Icehawk) has decided that being a stoner is not such a good idea

Oh no. They're on to us...
 :o
Edit: http://www.kongregate.com/games/jmtb02/elephant-rave This may possibly be the greatest thing you will ever play in your entire life, really
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 12:48:03 AM by Killmod »

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 13, 2008, 01:09:38 PM »
 :laugh: That was cute. It took me all of 3 seconds to get killed. I suck at games....horribly.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 14, 2008, 12:43:02 AM »
I go to the doc's on Monday to find out more on the skin cancer. If it's not one thing, it's another, I just keep rolling with the punches. Funny how I gave up all the bad shit to the point where I bore myself, but daaaamn, I just can't win.

I guess the bright side is, my kids are all back on the right track, so things don't totally suck.:)

ahh, don't miss most bad stuff anyway :) Especially the cigs - don't miss those things at all. Boring is good :)

I hope things work out with your health, D. {{{HUGS}}}

Good about your son, too. Being a stoner is overrated. I mean, I'm happy how everything turned out in life and all, but I kinda wish I wasn't such a screwup from 18-27 or so. 

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #528 on: September 14, 2008, 08:07:02 AM »
I'm winding down from the usual bust-ass lawn work I was doing all summer. Looking into going back to school for computer tech support. Doc says I've got to stay out of the sun from now on.:( I go to the doc's on Monday to find out more on the skin cancer. If it's not one thing, it's another, I just keep rolling with the punches. Funny how I gave up all the bad shit to the point where I bore myself, but daaaamn, I just can't win.

Geez... =|

Good luck with the skin cancer!
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 14, 2008, 04:24:06 PM »

I'm winding down from the usual bust-ass lawn work I was doing all summer. Looking into going back to school for computer tech support. Doc says I've got to stay out of the sun from now on.:( I go to the doc's on Monday to find out more on the skin cancer. If it's not one thing, it's another, I just keep rolling with the punches. Funny how I gave up all the bad shit to the point where I bore myself, but daaaamn, I just can't win.

I guess the bright side is, my kids are all back on the right track, so things don't totally suck.:)

I'm glad to see your kids are doing well. Let us know about the skin cancer though. I'll put ya in my prayers.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 14, 2008, 05:48:19 PM »
I got you in my prayers to, Tink. Hope it isn't the big C.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 14, 2008, 06:06:40 PM »
I got you in my prayers to, Tink. Hope it isn't the big C.

Speaking of having people in my prayers, good to hear from you man.  :)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 14, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »
All is quiet on the Eastern Front, Brugdor.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 14, 2008, 07:41:56 PM »
All is quiet on the Eastern Front, Brugdor.

So where are you stationed now?

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 14, 2008, 07:53:26 PM »
Still in Iraq... still at Falcon. Five more months till I return state side.

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 16, 2008, 02:41:28 PM »
Lookin good Carib! Thanks for postin' the pics. Stay safe, you're always in my prayers.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys. Had to cancel the appt. yesterday, so I won't know anything for awhile longer. I've known for awhile, but just kept putting off getting the doc's opinion. Kind of falls under the headings of "If you can't afford the cure, don't ask for the diagnosis" and "if you can't handle the answer, don't ask the question." I'm used to flying by the seat of my pants, so don't worry, I'll be ok.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 16, 2008, 05:20:32 PM »
Thanks Tink... Always good to be in the prayers... and you are in mine as well.

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 20, 2008, 05:01:32 AM »
Yes even my prayers are with you carib

Having been there myself during DS I feel for you and all our boys out there.

Just remember 1 important thing

Never Never Never get stuck with the human loaf MRE

Meatballs in BBQ so so much better :D

that and flea collars on your ankles should keep you going
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #538 on: September 21, 2008, 04:50:33 AM »

Meatballs in BBQ so so much better :D

that and flea collars on your ankles should keep you going

That's advice begging for an anecdote.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 30, 2008, 05:39:30 AM »
I got gas for my car today. This is noteworthy because I'm in Atlanta. My mother and I went out on an errand in her car and scouted for gas stations on the way in and out of Decatur. We saw some promising ones, she dropped me off and I immediately left for one of them. It was the only one where we saw that they had people directing traffic and keeping order. I filled my tank and it only took me maybe 15 minutes of waiting.

I called my mother after and told her how quick it went so she said she'd try a little later. By the time she went out, every station we had gone by that had had gas was out. Luckily she's still got half a tank.