Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541406 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #480 on: June 11, 2008, 05:46:37 PM »
Sorry to hear that brug, I really feel for your sister too, I hope she'll be ok.

It's good that you have a bit more info on your family too but it would be awful if your Dad was never properly aware of who his parents were.

Sleeping is also good and I know how unusual it is for you to sleep so good for you.

On a more positive note though;  I've started seeing the most fantastic lady (she says she's outgrown girl and isn't sure of lady) she's the property manager for a castle up here which is really cool in itself but she's beautiful, funny, interested in who I am and what I want to do and really really sweet.  She is quite a bit shorter than me but I like that.

My brother is also showing a lot of improvement, he's in a normal ward now and is starting to talk even if it is pretty slow and garbled because his chest still has a fair bit of fluid in it.  My new lady came with me to the hospital and even though it was the first time she'd seen him she was very attentive and concerned enough to ask the nurse questions.

With my brother getting better and someone fantastic in my life I'm actually really happy just now, happier than I've been in quite a long time.

Very cool. Glad to hear he's doing better and also glad to hear you've found someone like that. Best of luck to you!  :)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #481 on: June 12, 2008, 09:04:04 AM »

Also I guess I should update a bit. My aunt passed away last weekend.

Sorry! I missed this! Sorry for the loss in your family. =|
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 12, 2008, 04:43:12 PM »

Also I guess I should update a bit. My aunt passed away last weekend.

Sorry! I missed this! Sorry for the loss in your family. =|

That's ok. Everyone seems to be handling it ok as far as I can tell. I haven't talked to my sister in about a week though. I need to try to call her again.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 12, 2008, 08:03:44 PM »
she's the property manager for a castle up here

does that mean i should actually look into visiting you?
and yay on the brother bit. if he needs books that are simple but yet interesting enough to get the brain fully cognitive again i can send you a list for him to spend the non-visiting hours.

brug, grats on the sleep! i hope it's keeping up. i have some pics from the crash course i took in ceramics that i'll try to get up soon. they're not as good as your stuff, but i feel accomplished. also, sorry to hear about the aunt. i really dont know what else can be said in the situation. have you gone down to see your sister, at least draw her away for dinner for an hour or so and try to bring out the happy again?
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 30, 2008, 09:14:15 AM »
The board fell over and lost my last post, but last week I moved into my new place, mortgage and all. It's been wonderfully exhausting.

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #485 on: July 02, 2008, 05:02:41 PM »
The board fell over and lost my last post, but last week I moved into my new place, mortgage and all. It's been wonderfully exhausting.

Awesome (about the mortgage, not the board flipping out)!

We are in the process of moving to a new apartment, which is awesome and crappy at the same time. It's 10x nicer than where we live but apparently everywhere around Dallas is wired as all hell, and once you get into Dallas they're in the early 90s as far as infrastructure goes, I don't think we can even get DSL. Fiber optics are out of the question, and there's only one cable provider.

It wouldn't be a big deal if I lived in a house out in the country, but we live like ten minutes from downtown.

And grats on being all moved in. I can't wait for that feeling.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

Larspeart

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 08, 2008, 01:45:53 AM »
Not much.

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

www.myspace.com/kristopherw

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 08, 2008, 08:17:07 AM »
And grats on being all moved in. I can't wait for that feeling.

Still have loads to do, unfortunately. Changing addresses to 20 different places, trying to weedle a bbq and new bed out of my brother. Still waiting for my intercom to be hooked up. Currently couch-less but may be ordering a nice new leather one shortly.  Made my first payment on Friday. I'm so very mature and responsible now (in theory).

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 08, 2008, 01:05:09 PM »

All Services Represented at the 4th of July Re Enlistment Ceremony... Where 1200 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, National Guardsmen and Marines took the oath

And this all took place at Al Faw Palace, a mini palace that Saddam Hussein had built after the first Gulf War to commemorate the fight between Iraq and Iran control of the Al Faw Province.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 08, 2008, 04:46:51 PM »
Thanks for the pics again Carib. With AQ almost completely wiped out over there and Iraq now asking for a timetable for our troops to withdrawal it certainly seems like things are winding down over there. I hope that means you all will be back home soon. Be safe!  :)

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 09, 2008, 09:48:51 AM »
There will always be somewhere to go and fight... Afghanistan is still hot.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 09, 2008, 01:25:58 PM »
Afghanistan is still hot.

Yeah she is but here's to hoping she won't give you her number.  ;)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 09, 2008, 04:16:29 PM »
So I finally had the Pillar Procedure done for my sleep apnea. My throat is killing me atm and I can't take any pills for the pain for another 20 mins or so.   :(

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 09, 2008, 09:53:18 PM »
So I finally had the Pillar Procedure done for my sleep apnea. My throat is killing me atm and I can't take any pills for the pain for another 20 mins or so.   :(

Good luck. Hope it works.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #494 on: July 10, 2008, 01:54:09 AM »

Good luck! Horrible sleep is just.... well horrible.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!