Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 236236 times)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This Space Intentionally Left Blank
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #1275 on: December 18, 2018, 06:13:55 AM »
Sorry to hear about your father, but glad to hear that things seem to be looking up.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
« Reply #1276 on: December 31, 2018, 04:01:01 AM »
Hopefully things are a lot more stable now.
Sorry to hear about your Father. It seems you're never 'old enough' to be able to take losing a parent, it changes you.

Your shop sounds like an odd place, I guess it's almost like a post apocalyptic general store, like Chet's?
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #1277 on: January 15, 2019, 07:03:20 PM »
My family cat of 17 years died a few weeks ago. He had been very frail and mentally slow for the past year, so it had been coming. But when you have a pet for that long, its like losing a good friend who really knows you

This year I will make a serious attempt to curb my drinking/smoking habits. I guess I just want to live a "normal functional" adult life that doesn't involve frequent drinking (especially alone)

My car is on its way out (2001 Toyota Corolla) and I need to look at getting a loan for something newer. Buying a newer car, its a scary proposition. I couldn't be happier to get rid of it though, had it for 3 years and disliked it since day 1. I would like to get a small SUV like a respectable adult.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 23, 2019, 06:13:11 AM »
Hopefully things are a lot more stable now.
Sorry to hear about your Father. It seems you're never 'old enough' to be able to take losing a parent, it changes you.

Your shop sounds like an odd place, I guess it's almost like a post apocalyptic general store, like Chet's?

No, not quite post apocalypse,  just a small town place that basically is a relic.

It some how seems appropriate.

Sorry to hear of your Cat Kmd.... ive got a cat that I worry is coming close to the end of her life as she is OLD and no one knows exactly how old... was literally  found on a door step in the rain. Seems like yesterday but was coming up on a decade ago.

As for cars.....

Dont feel bad, the newest vehicle  ive ever owned is the 97 Chevy Blazer I drive these days lol....
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)