Author Topic: Sad news: Steven 'Darkfox' Lomax  (Read 41127 times)

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Sad news: Steven 'Darkfox' Lomax
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2007, 12:45:59 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qHc3L8-GgM&mode=related&search=

I knew he liked the GIS series, but I couldn't find one with the subtitles.  This one with the FMA just felt more ... fitting. 

I shall find that Inuyasha picture that he likes so much, alone with the Ayumi Hamasaki song.

btw, the reason I replied so late is because I couldn't really believe it.  I kept expect DF to jump back in and said "Ha, fool you!  I survived once more!"  He was probably the only one that I can have a great conversation with concerning our hobbies without judgments or explanations.  I wish I could have met him in real life.   I wanted to wish him rest in peace, but he probably would have wanted to be in one of the animes/games(as the main male lead) when he gets up there, so I shall wish him a good dream.

P.S:I don't want to be sentimental, but to tell the truth, a member of my family died of liver cancer last year around the same time frame.  At one moment his condition was stable, and in another, he was gone.  These two things have really hammered home a point to me, life is short.  Instead of dilly dallying with my life over the crap and choices of everyday life(along with coping), as I have been doing since last year, I shall strive to live a life of survival and fulfillment.  I don't know how much longer I have, but I shall carry the memory and the fever of them with me as I march forward, and burn brighter with their hopes. 
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2007, 01:26:18 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qHc3L8-GgM&mode=related&search=

btw, the reason I replied so late is because I couldn't really believe it.  I kept expect DF to jump back in and said "Ha, fool you!  I survived once more!" 

I keep thinking about that Doctor Who post he made when he (Darkfox) dies but comes back. "Mmmmm new teeth!"

What about one month ago?
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2007, 02:46:58 AM »
btw, the reason I replied so late is because I couldn't really believe it. 

i still dont want to believe it.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Kama

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2007, 07:52:23 AM »
As I sit here on the verge of tears, having just got back from DragonCon,
I know Steve would be kicking my arse for being gushy, but I can't help it.

I'll paraphrase Tolkien here: When his best friend C.S. Lewis passed away,
someone asked him how he felt, and as far as I can recall, he stated..

"As I get older, I feel like an old tree, with the occaisional twinge as leaves
fall and limbs drop, but this..

This feels like an axe-blow at the roots."

I miss him terribly already. I feel that the world is a dimmer, less magical place
without the little guy and his own particular brand of chaos.

I remember with great fondness the few times I was able to play City of Heroes
with him (before the Euro servers).

Steve's character rushes in and gets well and truly pasted, and laughs it off
on the way to the hospital, only to do that same thing again!

"Jesus Christ Steve! *rolls eyes*

Steve just laughs and does it again.  His Diablo sessions were lessons in chaos.

"Hey, Where's Darkfox?"

**Darkfox has be killed by barrel

**Darkfox has been killed by Skeleton Archer

**Darkfox has been killed by Skeleton Mage

**DarkFox has been killed by barrel

Usually in the span of 5 minutes, but he'd keep charging in there. I think that's how
he lived his life.

"Sod this being miserable because I blew that task.  I'm going to have fun anyways!"

I don't know what else to say, other than to express my most sincere condolences
to his family.  You are all in my thoughts.

-Kama Silverleaf-

Alderach

• Tangerine Target
  • Patron Saint of the Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2007, 05:07:31 AM »
I was speechless for a time, and still am. lara messaged me, but I didn't dare check the forums for fear of what it might say. Then a few days went passed.

Darkfox, I hardly knew you. We wern't very much alike, but there where a few aspects we shared; our like for stories and the absurd. You where always there, I will miss you.

Where has it gone?
What I see all around me,
has always been there.
Strangely enough I always found it missing.

Darklight66646

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2008, 01:26:32 AM »
I am a friend of Steven aka. Darkfox who is dating his sister. I have his mother here who would like to post a message of her own. So below this message is the mother of Darkfox...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to all those who left mesages I thank you from the bottom of my heart sorry I havent been able to do so earlier than this ..... Thank you paul for being there to say good bye ......... and Steven you little SOB if youre reading this from where ever you ended up I hope youre taking care of my broken heart and alll the pain has gone from your body sorry for wanting you here but you was and always will be the best part of me with all my love now forever and always the BinSOB xxxxxxxxx

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2008, 01:32:43 AM »
Thank you for posting that.

I still miss him very much.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Turjan

• Wasteland Denizen
  • You cannot kill a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2008, 04:08:08 AM »
Indeed, the little fella's absence is difficult to get used to - I know I still haven't quite got a grasp on the fact he's gone. Rationally and intellectually, yes I've accepted it - but emotionally it's a different story.

Every time I log in to City of Heroes and see his character names there in my friends list, I do a double take as I remember he won't be playing them again.

There's a New Year's tradition in the north of England called "first footing" (here's a Wiki link if you haven't got a clue what I'm on about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-Foot ). Part of the spirit of this tradition (especially if you're the first foot, as I always am at my house) is to take a moment while you're outside the house to say goodbye to the old year before re-entering the house after midnight, bringing the new year in with you. And while Steven's passing may have been a part of the old year, I didn't say goodbye to him, for his memory will live with me always. And I brought those memories back in along with the new year.

Clever, cheeky, generous, brave, and tough as old nails in the face of adversity -  these are my enduring memories of Steven. He was unique, he was my friend, and I will never forget him.

Riddick

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2008, 04:52:28 AM »
I have been gone so long most of you likely either don't remember me or don't know me. I was going through some old bookmarks and happened upon and outdated UV link and digged a bit and found this crazy place again and this is the first post I saw. Very sad news indeed. He was a great guy and I spoke with him on her a number of times and as everyone else has already said he was extremely unique, witty, and (no offense to any of you) one of the more memorable people you could ever come across. He will be missed, but we won't ever forget him. Take care buddy.

Rayne

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2008, 04:45:56 PM »
Hello..

Well, this is his little sister again.

I am posting today as some of you well know it is Steven's (A.K.A "Darkfox"'s) 28th Birthday. Sadly, he is not here to celebrate such a date. But I would like to say I am missing him more and more each day and having the Unwashed Villagers board around is something I value as a tribute to his memory (Simply because he was NEVER away from it!!  ;D) So thank you all for your support and keeping this topic open when you switched servers. It is deeply appreciated..

Love,

Sarah-Ellen.

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2008, 06:19:03 PM »
Hello..

Well, this is his little sister again.

I am posting today as some of you well know it is Steven's (A.K.A "Darkfox"'s) 28th Birthday. Sadly, he is not here to celebrate such a date. But I would like to say I am missing him more and more each day and having the Unwashed Villagers board around is something I value as a tribute to his memory (Simply because he was NEVER away from it!!  ;D) So thank you all for your support and keeping this topic open when you switched servers. It is deeply appreciated..

Love,

Sarah-Ellen.

I am glad that you drop by sometimes. It's nice to have his family here, makes his memory a bit more real. I know I miss him today, we share a birthday and it seems odd to have a post that isn't for both of us. :D

*hugs for you*
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2008, 01:30:29 AM »
Yeah, I'll have a piece of acake in honour of the fox tonight.
I miss the ol' fulla T^T
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Rayne

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2008, 04:33:04 AM »
Hello all,

This is Darkfox's Little sister again.. someone asked for some stories of my brother before but to be honest theres loads I could tell but I wouldn't be able to state them correctly, one thing funny (Well I thought it was freakin' hillarious being his little sister...) was he went out with his friend Chris once drinking, sat on a bar stool and ultimately missed and fell down on his backside... when he came home trying to explain the story he was in fits of giggles, eyes streaming with tears.. I mean seriously, how can you look someone in the eye and say "I almost tore myself a new one?" and not laugh.... anyway, I just thought I'd share that because it came to mind strangely enough walking passed his bench with his plaque on it yesterday..

I'm sure when I can think of more i'll jot them in, I hope everyone is doing well.

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2008, 02:49:19 PM »
Thanks Rayne.  He  brought a lot of laughter to all of us. I think of him often when I'm here, and I'll always have fond memories of him. He was truly one of a kind.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2008, 06:48:53 AM »
I think of him every time I have some English ale. What was his favorite?