Author Topic: Sad news: Steven 'Darkfox' Lomax  (Read 41675 times)

Rayne

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
Re: Sad news: Steven 'Darkfox' Lomax
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2008, 02:30:53 PM »
He liked Guiness and Carona have you heard of them?

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2008, 11:25:11 PM »
Guinness for sure (have some in my fridge now)

Carona I have not - I have an excellent store nearby that imports hundreds of ales from all over the world - I'll have to look for it.

Rayne

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2008, 11:32:07 PM »
Well.. to be entirely honest his FAVOURITE alcoholic drink was Jack Daniels. :).. Lol. I'm making my brother sound like an alcoholic. :) He didn't drink in excess.. but when he has FUNNY THINGS do happen.. there was this one time when we were on holiday abroad, in Gran Canaria. (Myself, Steven, Our Gran and Mother) And Steven decided to go off and do his own thing at night, go to a pub. So we said we'd meet him later, basically long story short on his way home he must have stumbled and fell over cause his pants were covered in dirt, but the funniest moment was when a security person or somethin tried to ask him what his hotel was.. Now he had problems saying "Nido del Aguila" sober.. but him trying to say it drunk, he sounded like he was gargling water. He was so funny. I miss him a lot :)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2008, 11:58:10 PM »

Carona I have not - I have an excellent store nearby that imports hundreds of ales from all over the world - I'll have to look for it.

I think she typoed "corona".
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Rayne

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2008, 01:18:35 AM »
Methinks she did too.. *kicks a can* spammit.  :P

TomCo

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2008, 06:42:48 AM »

Going to an excellent store might be counter productive if you're looking for Corona ;)

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2008, 07:11:24 AM »

Going to an excellent store might be counter productive if you're looking for Corona ;)

Sick burn!

On a side note, I agree.

Cerveza != Ale. In category or quality (imho).

"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2008, 09:06:12 AM »

I think she typoed "corona".

I thought that for a moment, too, but how on earth can someone like Guinness (pure excellence) AND Corona (pure crap)?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2008, 09:10:29 AM »
I thought that for a moment, too, but how on earth can someone like Guinness (pure excellence) AND Corona (pure crap)?

I sort of thought that. My thought was like:

Is Corona good? I don't remember if it is or not... because I can't remember if I drank it or not.

I just remember the stories/urban legends of people... uh... peeing in it and the response of: "That's to improve the taste."

Then it was sorta like...

Darkfox doesn't seem like a Corona guy.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 09:12:04 AM by Doombot »
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Rayne

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2008, 12:37:20 PM »
Like I said he was more a Jack Daniels guy ;) I suppose he had Carona for a change.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2008, 02:33:20 PM »
In Mexico they usually drink Dos Equis. Corona is only for the tourists.

Corona has two main problems:

1.) It's not that good of a beer to begin with.

2.) They use clear bottles in their packaging.

Beer should never be packaged in green, blue, or clear bottles. It doesn't filter out the light which can make beer skunky due to chemical reactions with the hops, which produce substances very similar chemically to skunk spray. Artificial light isn't as bad as natural light, but all light will skunk beer. Even in brown bottles, enough light will eventually skunk it.

So Corona is almost always skunky. You find the same thing with Heineken, Rolling Rock, Becks, Newcastle, and a lot of pilsners. If you want to drink these beers non-skunky get a keg or a can. (Of course, with a can, you get a bit of metallic flavor.)
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Turjan

• Wasteland Denizen
  • You cannot kill a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »
Tis an easy answer, that one - Steven was always a fellow with the broadest of tastes ;)

(p.s. - I think we all know what kind of reply such a leading statement would have elicited from the man himself, so I don't need to write one ;D )

Rayne

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2008, 01:04:39 AM »
Well, yeaaah... either that or he just never could make up his mind - OR They ran out of Jack Daniels... Personally I don't like Jack Daniels.. I've only really drank it *FOR* Steven, like his birthday in rememberance.. etc..etc.. Has anyone heard of an alcoholic drink called Refresher? Steven liked that too - not as much as I did though :P  :drunk:

Bubonic

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Trying not to feed the Yao Guai
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2008, 03:23:44 AM »
Jack has always been my drink of choice.  I kind of inherited it from my father.  I always drink it with dry ginger beer though (or straight), never with coke.  I don't understand how people can mix spirits with coke... Cola kills the flavour of just about everything.

In fact, I seem to recall having this exact conversation with Darkfox many moons ago...

I do tend to repeat myself sometimes.

*shrug*
You know what Freud says : You gotta think twice before you penis.
--Solwyn

Blue Elf shot the potion!
--Gauntlet

The UV Bungie Cord is strong.
--Doombot

Ban

• Tangerine Target
  • communications: aural literal visual & tactile
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2008, 08:07:03 AM »
thats the exact reason why people mix it with coke. they dont really like the taste.

mmmmm.... scotch n dry.

Gentleman Jack on ice is like a holiday for the mouth.
I got chocolate bubblegum!