Author Topic: Real Men (AND Women) Love Army of Darkness  (Read 4075 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Real Men (AND Women) Love Army of Darkness
« on: August 14, 2007, 09:27:55 PM »
Real Men Love Army of Darkness

What kind of cold withered blackened soul of a human being doesn't like Army of Darkness? Communists and Nazi Facists! That's who.

Deadites too I suppose.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: Real Men (AND Women) Love Army of Darkness
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 10:44:07 PM »
I like the sad ending.
Because I'm a bastard XD
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 01:07:04 AM »
I like the sad ending.
Because I'm a bastard XD

I think I was playing Fallout when I saw the 'sad' ending. That made me like it more. =)
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:47:14 AM »
OMG!  Doomsie, I thought I was the only one here who read Doubleviking!  Anybody else a big fan?

"To replace his hand, Ash takes the gauntlet off a suit of armor and, using his insane engineering skills, he somehow makes a working, robot death fist out of Renaissance-era materials. Nevermind the fact that we can’t even make prostheses of this quality today, and nevermind the fact that Ash is allegedly supposed to be stupid, but hey – if you came to this film looking for logic and realism, then your priorities are sadly out of whack."

I dunno, there's just something I love about the phrase "working, robot death fist".  When I first saw this movie, I must have been about 13 years old, and that scene was by far one of the coolest things I'd ever seen in a movie, (of course, my tastes were less refined then; see my "Forever Knight" posts).  But yeah, "working, robot   death fist" may well replace "cellar door" as the most beautiful phrase in the English language; at least it will when I begin my reign as supreme overlord.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 09:06:31 AM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 07:53:57 PM »
OMG!  Doomsie, I thought I was the only one here who read Doubleviking!  Anybody else a big fan?

It's the first time I've been there. =) I followed the link from Digg.com

Digg - Real Men Love Army of Darkness

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king. [grabs girl close] Hail to the king, baby. [Ash kisses the girl]

*PURR* =)