Author Topic: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned  (Read 117617 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned
« Reply #270 on: January 26, 2009, 11:49:04 PM »
There's a bobblehead in a deathclaw nest (some sort of cave) so I had to battle many...many...MANY... MANY deathclaws.

You shouldn't have had to though. It's just inside the cave entrance.  :anxious:

I killed a ton of Deathclaws in some sewer system of a town on the NE side of the map (if I remember correctly). It's where I found the experimental power armor.

I haven't played FO3 in months now. I guess I should crank it up and start getting some DL content going. I saw that Fileplanet has a DL for it now.

That's what I heard... but it didn't work out like that. Is it possible to enter the cave from another entry point?
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2009, 02:31:43 AM »
That's what I heard... but it didn't work out like that. Is it possible to enter the cave from another entry point?

It's possible. I only went in, grabbed the bobble, and left. I think I had to kill one DC outside after he tore my NPC apart.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2009, 09:58:16 AM »
In an interesting turn of events, Operation Anchorage is up for download now. I wasn't expecting it until later today.

It's 800 MS Points, which works out around £6.80.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2009, 07:51:13 PM »

Uhm... wut? >.>
I went to the deathclaw sanctuary, went down the ramp upon zoning and around the corner to find a dead brahmin and a bunch of humanoid corpses. Right there was the bobblehead.
I saw only one deathclaw and I shot him inna head twice for good explodey measure.
Man, my character was a Commando, and that blackhawk still did INSANE damage and out performed my rifles. My next character is a gunslinger. But I find I never have the time to play her.

I blame WoW.

Also: Sniper Rifles need an upgrade. Extra crit got lost in my already high critchance, and knockdown made cover so much more annoying.
Point two: Being able to get 95% on some dudes head only to have all 5 rounds go into the friggin wall coz your character decides its easier to shoot exactly at chest level. BAH.
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2009, 11:53:03 PM »
Just completed Operation Anchorage and enjoyed it immensely. Obviously spoilers are ahead, so look away now if you don't want to know.

Gone is the brown of the wastes and instead we've got the white snow under our feet and the first thing you'll notice after that is the clear blue sky. It was great to see some of the lore being explored before everything got nuked.

A selection of the goodies you'll get afterwards are:

A winter version of the T-51B with US army markings on it (it's also got a huge amount of health on it, you'd probably be able to wear it from the off and never have to repair it or even notice it was damaged)
Chinese Stealth Armour
Gauss Rifle (oh yes ;))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:34:29 AM by Petrarch »

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 08, 2009, 09:48:33 PM »
The Pitt and Broken Steel have been delayed for a month. no reasons have been disclosed.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172673

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #276 on: February 20, 2009, 08:26:38 AM »
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 21, 2009, 02:31:57 AM »

Auto Axe, eh?

DOES WANT!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 21, 2009, 04:42:42 AM »
Auto Axe

*ears perk up*

Obviously the Dwarven Engineers has been busy.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 24, 2009, 12:52:31 AM »
I admit I'm showing off slightly but now I finally have a PC that can do the game justice, here's a shot of James with the settings maxed out at 1920x1200 resolution.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2009, 01:08:55 AM »
I admit I'm showing off slightly but now I finally have a PC that can do the game justice, here's a shot of James with the settings maxed out at 1920x1200 resolution.

Hehe I understand. I played back through FEAR in anticipation of FEAR2 coming out and had it up on my widescreen TV at that resolution. It certainly adds to the experience.  :)

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #281 on: February 24, 2009, 02:48:44 PM »
Aye, max resolution + details in things like Fallout = double up on experience.

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2009, 04:10:29 PM »
The only annoying thing now is the HDR which I'm going to have to turn off in favour of bloom. I thought it was a driver issue at first, (GTX 295) but there's ATi users reporting the same problem on the 4870X2. Basically rather than fading as you'd expect it to, it's flicking rapidly back and forth which makes the whole thing rather jarring.

Digging around it seems to be related to people who are running SLI or Crossfire type graphic setups so it looks like a bug in the game itself.

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 05, 2009, 04:07:51 PM »
The news for today is that The Pitt has been confirmed for release on March 24th. 800 Microsoft points.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 19, 2009, 10:07:36 PM »

Fallout 3: The Pitt

Must...steal...Resident Evil 5's...thunder! ::gasp!::
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"