Author Topic: My first F03 screenshot  (Read 36578 times)

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: My first F03 screenshot
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2008, 10:47:24 PM »
I'm not really liking the minigun, I'm doing far more damage with the combat shotgun and assault rifle. I think perhaps my endurance is too low and that's having a knock on effect. Next time I'll beef it up a bit.

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2008, 11:24:34 PM »
Pictures of me!

that must be one tough Radroach if you're shooting it with a minigun  :laugh:

i'm going to have to get some shots of me popping people's heads with garden gnomes shot from my Rock-It Launcher... in all my blue haired hockey mask wearing goodness.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2008, 01:09:14 AM »
How the hell do I put my gun away?
I keep having to switch to my baseball bat and then hitting ready :T

Hold 'R' to put it away.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2008, 04:37:35 AM »
How the hell do I put my gun away?
I keep having to switch to my baseball bat and then hitting ready :T

Hold 'R' to put it away.

Or X

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2008, 05:11:40 AM »
Good! Now I can put my weapon away.

Walking around with my fists or my laser rifle taking up 1/5 of the screen is a tad annoying.

Not REAL annoying... just a tad's worth.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2008, 05:42:39 AM »
Plus you run slower if you've got your weapon/fists up, dummy!  Weren't you paying attention during the tutorials?
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2008, 06:11:25 AM »
Plus you run slower if you've got your weapon/fists up, dummy!  Weren't you paying attention during the tutorials?

I was thinking about that dreamy and oh so dangerous leader of the Trouser Snakes.

But then I lost all my attraction when he needed my help to kill a roach.  >:(
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2008, 06:35:58 AM »
What, you don't like to make men grovel?

Moar screens.

Landmine research and a smoking hot radiation suit with, um, flaming sword?

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2008, 11:25:30 PM »
Garden Gnome display

Don't even ask how long it took for me to get them setup like that.   :rifle:
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2008, 11:31:23 PM »
Garden Gnome display

Don't even ask how long it took for me to get them setup like that.   :rifle:

Bluecross? How long do you think it took Brugdor to get them setup like that?

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2008, 08:51:45 PM »
Ooh, damn... I didn't realize just how much I've missed Fallout... Release couldn't have happened at a worst time though, since I've got an exam in week's time, and even now  I'm supposed to be extra busy with Photoshop & Indesign stuff.

I'm pretty pleased that they didn't feel the need to go the same road that Star Wars: The Next Generation went, and cram every character from earlier episodes into the new one, no matter how implausible their appearance would be.  ;D

One question for PC users: did anyone else have trouble with those damn screenshots? I mean, the game says it has taken one, and gives even a name for the shot, but I can't find them anywhere... I checked the .ini files and the permission for screenshots is checked, but I haven't figured out what the hell iScreenShotIndex=1 is supposed to do. It could also be that this has something to do with Vista security settings... Damn! Missed a couple of great Kodak moments already.   

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »

One question for PC users: did anyone else have trouble with those damn screenshots? I mean, the game says it has taken one, and gives even a name for the shot, but I can't find them anywhere... I checked the .ini files and the permission for screenshots is checked, but I haven't figured out what the hell iScreenShotIndex=1 is supposed to do. It could also be that this has something to do with Vista security settings... Damn! Missed a couple of great Kodak moments already.   

They are in /program files/bethesda softworks/fallout 3

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2008, 09:10:08 PM »
You know, I had the same question, and I'm pretty sure I looked there and didn't see my screenshots.  I'll have to check again once I get home - I've got some fucking great shots.

Also, it's total bullshit that you can't kill kids.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »
There's something fucking wrong with my FO3 installation, because my screenshots definitely aren't there, which sucks, because I have taken some AWESOME screenshots.  I've looked freaking everywhere in my systerm (shit, I windows search'ed for .bmp files).  Nothing. 

Shenanigans!
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2008, 06:06:05 PM »
There's something fucking wrong with my FO3 installation, because my screenshots definitely aren't there, which sucks, because I have taken some AWESOME screenshots.  I've looked freaking everywhere in my systerm (shit, I windows search'ed for .bmp files).  Nothing. 

Shenanigans!

Ok probably a silly question but just to be sure, are you actually seeing the message that you've taken a screenshot in the upper left of your screen when you hit the key?