Author Topic: A mailing I received today that made me feel dirty.  (Read 566 times)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This Space Intentionally Left Blank
    • View Profile
A mailing I received today that made me feel dirty.
« on: October 15, 2008, 04:20:24 AM »
Somehow my address has gotten on the Republican National Committee's mailing list. Oddly enough, they have my first name completely wrong. It was addressed to "Chere". My first name is "Grant". (Heck, my ex-wife was" Meredith", so that's not even close, either.) But anyway, I don't know how they would have gotten me on their list since I'm not registered with either party.

But that isn't the part that got to me. What got to me was the content of the message above that facsimile signature of John McCain. It was the most concentrated collection of serious half-truths, political-spin, misrepresentations, and simplifications I think I've ever seen on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Obama fan, and in this election, like almost every other presidential election I've participated in since being old enough to vote, I'm voting third party. But I finished reading this and felt like I had just read some horrid internet glurge. I mean FactCheck.org would have a FactCheck.orgasm ripping this thing to shreds.

It's stuff like this that makes me even more certain that the two-party stranglehold on this nation has to end. Maybe rational political discourse can take over some day. I know it's probably just a pipe dream, but I still hold out hope.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!