Author Topic: Love Stinks Part II: The New Beginning  (Read 59926 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: Love Stinks Part II: The New Beginning
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2009, 12:00:16 AM »

I like beards. I do not like a mustache or side burns that grow out to far and turn into mutton chops...I especially do not like the mutton chops and mustache to merge together....but a beard I do not mind. :D

I thought I remembered you saying I should shave mine off way back in the day. Or maybe it's just that you wanted to see pics of me when I didn't have the beard (which I never found)?
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »
I think only certain men can wear a beard with style.

Either it's stylish bearded man or homeless man/art teacher.

Doesn't seem to be a happy medium.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2009, 08:51:33 AM »
I think only certain men can wear a beard with style.

Either it's stylish bearded man or homeless man/art teacher.

Doesn't seem to be a happy medium.

Hehe, well when mine is trimmed it looks a bit like James Lipton's and I get compliments on it. Right now it looks more like the homeless/art teacher guy.  I was shooting for Grizzly Adamsish but it's never going to get that long.  ;D
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2009, 05:24:22 PM »
p.s. Good luck on your date.  I have not been on a first date in...um...16 years, so I would very much like to know how it goes!!

Been about 10 for me.

I loved dating - a lot - but I love being married too.

Than - glad to hear this is going well. You remind me of.... me :) Not sure how that bodes for you.

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2009, 07:09:38 PM »
p.s. Good luck on your date.  I have not been on a first date in...um...16 years, so I would very much like to know how it goes!!

Been about 10 for me.

I loved dating - a lot - but I love being married too.

I don't know if I love dating...I married my first boyfriend and we met in high school. High school 'dating' doesn't seem to be like adult dating.  I knew him for almost a year as a friend before we went on that 'first date' lol 

I've always thought I'd hate it.  Don't know,  I've been comfortable and married for so long,  dating just seems awkward and uncomfortable.
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2009, 08:18:07 PM »
Dating is awkward and uncomfortable. I prefer to hang out with a girl... alone >.>
It is different, shut up <.<

I've been out of the dating scene for 4 years myself. However, totally not entirely my fault. I persued the wrong girl and went into a depressed slump for a while before realising I'd turned into a bearded hermit. And for the record, my beard makes me look like a professor or a lazy bum. :P
However since I'm going back to uni in 2 weeks, I plan to change that. Now I just need to distinguish between taken and not-so-taken ;D
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2009, 10:28:20 PM »
Dating is awkward and uncomfortable. I prefer to hang out with a girl... alone >.>
It is different, shut up <.<

I've been out of the dating scene for 4 years myself. However, totally not entirely my fault. I persued the wrong girl and went into a depressed slump for a while before realising I'd turned into a bearded hermit. And for the record, my beard makes me look like a professor or a lazy bum. :P
However since I'm going back to uni in 2 weeks, I plan to change that. Now I just need to distinguish between taken and not-so-taken ;D

My last relationship permanently broke me in regard to even trying again. It's been over 10 years since I've gone out with anyone as more than a friend. Of course the last few years being a hermit has been kind of forced on me with my health issues but I doubt being out and about would have changed much. I just came to the realization that some people are meant to be single and I'm one of those people. I'm happier not dealing with all the nonsense and, as many might have noticed over my years here, compromise isn't particularly a strength of mine.  :P

karategoldfish

• Wasteland Denizen
  • uv mac enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • http://karategoldfish.livejournal.com
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2009, 02:19:17 AM »
I did the same thing Syl! And I kind of feel the same way about dating - really fun to hear about, but kind of...exhausting. Ha. Although I think after the first or second date, you generally *get* the other person enough to be able to hang out alone and have a good time together. I think dating is way better than meeting people at bars and then hooking up with them. :/

I love it when hubby takes me on dates though! Oh man I love going out with a boy. So fun.
love, fish