Author Topic: Strange day...  (Read 1797 times)

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Strange day...
« on: October 06, 2008, 11:07:31 PM »
So 2 shows that I have been watching on and off for a few years just had a strange denouement.  Both of the main couples in the shows just had some very long and drawn out kissing scenes.   Both of the couples weren't really together either, since they were set up as best friend types.  And then, all of the sudden, the chemistry changes and they are an item? 

*cue outer limits music*

And 3 friends that I haven't spoken to for 4-5 years all of the sudden e-mailed me like crazy and wanted to talk/meet.  Since I haven been in a self-imposed exile to get rid of stress of the busiest 2 weeks of my life(think Beijing, think summer, think 2 months ago), I didn't reply in time to see one of them face to face.  1 of them even added me to all her social networks online, which is kinda strange, since we didn't talk for a long time, and I assumed she had problems with me because of her father.

"Strangeness..."

And...., I found some old tapes that I used to record some songs/music I liked when I was say 15, I LOL my butts off listening to them.  How could I have liked these crap? 

*I can almost imagine Albert Hitchcock standing behind me ...*

So, how have you guys been?

Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Strange day...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:55:51 AM »
i wasted an afternoon watching Will It Blend? and Is It A Good Idea To Microwave This? on YouTube, instead of learning how to use Afterburn for 3DS Max  :laugh:

and when i am not eagerly waiting for Fallout 3, i am somehow getting homework done. bizarre, as a lot of it is drawing, which i can't do properly for crap.

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Strange day...
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 01:39:04 AM »
So I shall hijack my own pointless thread to talk about books.  Shutting one's self in can get quite a lot of reading done.  Who knew?

Bonk

http://www.librarything.com/work/4478963/book/36239051

Awesome book, a must read.  A LOL book about scientists' attempt to study sexual physiology or sex in general and their attempt to hide from the general censorship.  Only from this book that I learned that during the middle ages, impotence is a sin and a crime, which can only be disproved by having a judge and a whole swarm of cops and lawyers watching you make love to your wife in your home.  They even measure the stiffness of the gland and longevity of the tryst, all the while you are trying to prove that you aren't impotent. 

The Logic of life

http://www.librarything.com/work/4214814/book/36239058

It's not as good as his last book, since it's littered with paragraphs of repeating words.  It feels like a political rhetoric piece.  There are 2 or 3 good chapters though.

I seriously recommend his last book. 

The underground economist

http://www.librarything.com/work/163239/book/27530461
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.