Author Topic: Toronto UV Meet today  (Read 9515 times)

JC

• Wasteland Denizen
  • My Being is Zorg!
    • View Profile
Toronto UV Meet today
« on: August 18, 2007, 03:29:10 PM »
I'm not even sure who's showing up!  It's all so very exciting.

Hope you suckers keep enjoying your normal lives while I'm out meeting people from the internets.

Pipboy 2000

• Administrator of Things/Thongs
  • Administrator
  • Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto UV Meet today
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 05:21:07 PM »
you're gonna get raped! :guitarist:
Pipboy2000
Postmaster General, Unwashed Civil Defense Force

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 08:12:35 PM »
you're gonna get raped! :guitarist:

It's not rape if he enjoys it.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

A.S.S.R.

• Desert Nomad
  • The Claw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 03:10:22 AM »
Well, I just got back from this.

It was a pleasure meeting JC, Shady and Shady's girlfriend.

No rape, Pip/Hoopster - we spent most of the time badmouthing and gossiping about the rest of you lot (also walking around a decent chunk of downtown in the process and visiting various places).

Unfortunately, I had to leave after only five and a half hours to get some stuff done at home. I left the others at the surprisingly fitting Village Idiot Pub, under the supervision of Shady's gf (the only other actual Torontonian present).

- A.S.S.R.

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 04:08:28 AM »
it would've been cool to meet you guys but it takes just less than an hour and a half to get downtown, and i had to go to my grandmother's place for my cousin's going-away-to-uni dinner... just wouldn't have had enough time to hang with you guys :(

but i'll be at Fan Expo next Saturday and Sunday if any of you guys are going.

Larspeart

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 06:10:15 AM »
Man, if that wasn't the saddest, lamest excuse I have ever heard.

Weak, dude.  Shit, LIE to them next time. 

:beadyeyes:
We're only immortal
For a limited time.

www.myspace.com/kristopherw

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 09:26:50 AM »
Man, if that wasn't the saddest, lamest excuse I have ever heard.

Yea, that was a pretty pathetic excuse, Inso. *Had* to go to Grandma's? The kid who cuts my lawn *has* to go to grandma's. He's 12.

You will never live this down. It's like Max with Dance Dance Revolution. He could become president, and I'll still remind him of that (actually, that will keep him from becoming president.)

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 11:07:17 PM »
Happy Birthday, Grandma!

[/Questionable Content]
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 05:38:07 PM »
Well, I am Asian, so I can understand.  Inso will probably be tarred and feathered if he didn't show up at important family dinners.  Family is your closest peer group, the only other choice is moving to Africa.  But inso will probably find some of his grandma's long distance's relatives in Congo and capture him back with a cage bound for Canada again. 
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 06:06:34 PM »
Well, I am Asian, so I can understand.  Inso will probably be tarred and feathered if he didn't show up at important family dinners.  Family is your closest peer group, the only other choice is moving to Africa.  But inso will probably find some of his grandma's long distance's relatives in Congo and capture him back with a cage bound for Canada again. 

Yeah, but you do DDR as well, so we do have to take that into consideration when you post an opinion.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 06:47:23 PM »
Surprisingly, I am not the DDR master.  My younger brother is one such crazed being.  He was able to complete some hardcore modes on PS2 and on PC.  He even gets all perfects.  I don't get it.   :o :inquisitive:
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 07:01:46 PM »
Surprisingly, I am not the DDR master.  My younger brother is one such crazed being.  He was able to complete some hardcore modes on PS2 and on PC.  He even gets all perfects.  I don't get it.   :o :inquisitive:

Admit it. You're just jealous. You want that coveted DDR championship trophy, don't you?

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 08:23:50 PM »
coveted DDR championship trophy

The first time those four words were used in that order.

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 04:11:35 PM »
"Trophy coveted DDR champtionship" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 11:01:33 PM »
"Oh! Oh! Oh! What an Athelete! 14 perfects in a row! This DDR championship will continue after these important messages from the Ocho."
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.