Author Topic: Let's talk about girls! or boys. Whatever you're into.  (Read 12245 times)

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
Let's talk about girls! or boys. Whatever you're into.
« on: November 15, 2009, 08:08:50 AM »
So, as you know if you know me, I love pretty girls, and I think pretty much all girls are pretty.  You may also be aware that I talk a lot!  Taken together, this means I love talking about what's going on in my love life.  I realize that's not a great trait, but fuck it, I love listening to other people's trials and tribulations of the heart as well.  Anyone can confide in me, and so I will confide in everyone!

So anyway, I met a girl named Angela a few days ago.  If my skills at reading people are accurate, we've got at least three things in common.  In no particular order, the first is that we both like crappy movies, and the second is that we both like me, and the third is that we both like her.  This one should be pretty fun! 

I met her, uhm.  Four days ago?  So I'll ask her out tomorrow.  I've said it before and I'll say it again; if you wait longer than a week before asking for a date, forget it.  There are exceptions of course but as a general rule, if you want it, go for it. 

Basically I'm writing this post to lay a bet against this universe; within seven days I'll have gone on a date with a pretty new girl.  If I win, I get to go on a date with a pretty new girl.  If the universe wins, it makes me twice as fired up to make sure I land a date with the next pretty new girl.  But you won't win, universe!  She's a fan of 'Bubba Ho Tep'!  She will be mine!

This post fails in that it doesn't have any specific prompt for replies, but the general prompt is 'what's up with girls/boys/love/whatever the fuck you want to talk about'

I talk about stuff that makes me feel good and hope other people listen;  I'll always extend the same courtesy!
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk about girls! or boys. Whatever you're into.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 12:14:43 AM »
You have a great attitude w/ girls - I love hearing your chick stories. Because by getting married, I closed that book (going on dates w/ new women is prettymuch out.) I love being married and building/living life w/ someone, but there's nothing like that excitement of "newly dating" (my standard advice to guys who are heartbroken after a breakup is to look on the bright side: they will once again get to experience that rush of the first grab at a new breast. That feeling never gets old.)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 12:54:37 AM »
(my standard advice to guys who are heartbroken after a breakup is to look on the bright side: they will once again get to experience that rush of the first grab at a new breast. That feeling never gets old.)

After just under 3 years, I still feel that way about my current girlfriend's breasts.

And yeah, although the dating world is exciting, it's also loaded with frustration. While I maybe never "sowed my wild oats" as much as I would have liked, unlike in my marriage where I was more often than what was healthy miserable and the thought of cheating had crossed my mind (though, I never would have), I have a lot of fun with my girlfriend and have never felt my relationship stale in any way. The only thing I can see being in the dating world having over what I have now is the novelty of the thing, but that's it. I honestly think on the whole I wouldn't have as much fun, because Liz and I are both adventurous and fun-loving people and share many of the same hobbies. I never have to worry about trying to find something we both would enjoy, like I would in the dating world.

And I feel this way even with her spending the majority of our relationship as a full-time law student and with us living 50 miles apart currently.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 01:30:11 AM »
currently i'm almost ready to strangle anyone with the proper equipment. but then again my life is not much better after the break up than it was before.

before i go on a giant rant about things i'll stop myself and say that when you're idea of fun isnt the same as a "normal college student" it's hard to meet new people. then it's worse when your idea of religion is not the same as the religious campus you're on.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 05:51:13 AM »
Cool thread.

With school taking up pretty much all my free time, its hard to find time for women lately, but I do what I can. I was dating this cute girl for a bit, but then she just stopped talking to me, cold, I have no idea why.A shame because she was very interesting, but a total tomboy (Which I'm not really into). I like your enthusiasm Than, makes me want to go out and hook up with some pretty girls  ::)
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 06:57:02 AM »
Very cool Than, I always enjoy hearing about your love life, you've a way of talking about it that makes everything optimistic.  It is refreshing.

For myself, I am taking a break from writing 50,000 words and have been looking for random 100 word writing contests.  This one seemed interesting enough to try....

Can you Write a story in exactly 100 Words??? Not 99 and not 101, but 100???
Now can you write that story without repeating any words? Only one "A" only one "the", only one "of", you get the catch now?

I went with this choice of topic:
You are a fish and you see the worm dangling on the invisible hook, you bite and are caught. Describe in 100 unique human words the feelings reeling through your head as you are jerked out of the water.

I call my story: Teen Fish

:)

“Holy effing hell!” Mom was correct. Who knew?

“Rule number one,” she would say to me in that nagging voice, “worms do not magically suspend.”

This had been so enticing though.  At least I shall be gone for the “told you!”

Whoever assumed fish have no feelings is a complete moron.  Looking death in an eye, dragging through water, fighting against that stupid hook!  Scarier then any horror movie made.

Out of air now.

Being pulled from my wet and comforting world below.

Gills working futilely.

“You were right!” Last words, an apology of sorts for a wasted life.
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 07:24:34 AM »
Well, the woman I love at the moment is deeply in love with a man who's almost twice my age with a degenerative terminal illness. So basically I'm just doing the Finger Pyramid of Evil Contemplation while going, "Soooooon, my love...Soooooon,,,".
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 07:03:05 PM »
Well, the woman I love at the moment is deeply in love with a man who's almost twice my age with a degenerative terminal illness. So basically I'm just doing the Finger Pyramid of Evil Contemplation while going, "Soooooon, my love...Soooooon,,,".

*blinks*

*blinks*

is this a joke?
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 04:51:18 AM »
Probably not, I'd guess.

Also, I have a date!  Only I don't know when yet.  She has two friends in town this weekend and I will probably be out of town for thanksgiving next weekend, and our work schedules are pretty much exactly opposite, because my schedule is retarded.

Oh well.  At least she said yes!

edit:  You know, on further reflection, I'm not sure I put enough exultation into this post.  On the other hand, it's difficult to translate the kind of crescendoing excitement that I get when a pretty girl is into me.  Rest assured, my friends, the exultation is there.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 07:23:08 AM by Thanatos »
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 08:03:24 AM »

*blinks*

*blinks*

is this a joke?

First part no, second part yes.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 08:14:26 PM »

I call my story: Teen Fish

Holt @#$% is this good!!!

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 08:16:44 PM »

STOP PINING FOR WOMEN WHO ARE NOT INTO YOU... SHE IS NOT GOING TO SUDDENLY REALIZE YOU ARE "THE ONE". YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.

Seriously, LS, you'll be happier for it.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 08:42:03 PM »

STOP PINING FOR WOMEN WHO ARE NOT INTO YOU... SHE IS NOT GOING TO SUDDENLY REALIZE YOU ARE "THE ONE". YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.

Dude, I know. I mainly posted that, in this one instance, for an attempt at comedic affect. It seems it was a misfire. Let me try something else...

You know what I like? Boobs.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 01:26:24 AM »

Dude, I know. I mainly posted that, in this one instance, for an attempt at comedic affect. It seems it was a misfire. Let me try something else...

You know what I like? Boobs.

well, the second part I knew was comedic effect (and well done, too). But I also know from previous postings that the rest isn't a stretch.

I like boobs too.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 04:26:05 AM by Night Owl »

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 05:09:07 AM »
I like boobs too.

I think everyone does.