Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2009  (Read 8913 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
NaNoWriMo 2009
« on: October 23, 2009, 10:36:31 PM »
Sorry, I can't seem to find the one for this year even though I thought I started one.

Anyway... it's almost here.

Who's doing one this year? Should we be buddies with each other? Here's a thread that I like from the official boards.

Anne McCaffrey said that you don't know your story unless you can summarize your story in 20 words or less in one sentence.

Here's mine!

"Parallel worlds are accessible via mental telepathy and an investigator uses memories and skills from alternates to solve a crime."
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 10:42:31 PM »
i think i have you as a friend from last year. i know i have silvy and at least one or two others from here.

i have no idea what i'll be writing. i havnt written anything worth anything in a few months, so i'm open for almost all suggestions.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »
i think i have you as a friend from last year. i know i have silvy and at least one or two others from here.

i have no idea what i'll be writing. i havnt written anything worth anything in a few months, so i'm open for almost all suggestions.

There's link about about 20 plots. http://changingminds.org/disciplines/storytelling/plots/tobias_plots.htm

This 20 plot is about writing and not about the July 20th plot to kill Hitler of the Nazis.
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 10:56:25 PM »
i think i have you as a friend from last year.

This is my first year as a registrant so we're not official Buddies yet. I'll send you my link. =)

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 06:29:14 PM »
Cool. I think I added you Doom!

I was excited about doing Nano this year...up until a week ago. Now I feel depressed and I am pretty certain it will be a waste of time to even try.  *thinks* Of course, I am also at my most hormonal week of the month at the moment and have learned to ignore most of my feelings during this time.

Pretty sure I am going with my Dragon Mountain story, but I never completely know what I am going to do till the 1st.  Although I did write out a rough story line already, so I might run with this one after all.

"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 08:43:58 PM »
Cool. I think I added you Doom!

I was excited about doing Nano this year...up until a week ago. Now I feel depressed and I am pretty certain it will be a waste of time to even try.  *thinks* Of course, I am also at my most hormonal week of the month at the moment and have learned to ignore most of my feelings during this time.

Pretty sure I am going with my Dragon Mountain story, but I never completely know what I am going to do till the 1st.  Although I did write out a rough story line already, so I might run with this one after all.

You did find me! I wondered how though but I have some identifiers that could track me down. =)

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 09:08:26 AM »
I am as excited as always, despite my repeated failures!

THIS TIME I WILL SUCCEED
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 06:31:41 PM »
I am as excited as always, despite my repeated failures!

THIS TIME I WILL SUCCEED

I liked the intro to your psychic world set in the future. Did you continue with that novel?

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 09:51:24 AM »
Nope, I failed utterly!  I am terrible at following up on things.  I appreciate you remembering though!  I still have all my notes and the outline and stuff though , I keep telling myself I'll get back into it.

New novel for November though!  This time it's straight pulp fantasy.  NaNoWriMo has begun!  I will actually finish a project for once!
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 08:06:14 PM »
How are we all doing on this?

I'm 17 words ahead of schedule!

I'm at chapter two right now.

How are we writing this? Who's working from notes and who's working on the fly?

I'm doing both. I wrote the outline backwards so I know who's the murderer. I have what happens in each chapter. However HOW it happens is being written on the fly. Even some of the scenes are just popping into my head.

I REALLY like the concept of "just get the words out because you'll take chances". I think it's really working. Just "doing it" seems to really loosen up the creative gears.

Anyway... I'm having fun! =)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 08:16:26 PM »
i'm glad your having fun. i havent had a chance to start mine yet, i have a draft of a 12 page paper due tomorrow and two group projects to work on. on top of my life falling apart again. friday i should be done with most things and can take a stab at things.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 02:43:13 AM »
fail.

i've decided instead to get a start on my final for one of my classes, it's what has turned out to be a musical based on a poem a friend wrote about sushi in out cafeteria. i'm proud of it, but it's not what i should be writing right now.

how's everyone else doing?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 07:35:46 AM »
fail.

i've decided instead to get a start on my final for one of my classes, it's what has turned out to be a musical based on a poem a friend wrote about sushi in out cafeteria. i'm proud of it, but it's not what i should be writing right now.

how's everyone else doing?

1387 works behind. The necessary average is 1667 so it's no so bad. Just do 139 extra words for 10 days and I'll be caught up.

It's hard to do since I'm sick with the flu/cold/whatever I got.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 12:55:20 AM »

H1N1.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 01:25:37 AM »

H1N1.

I'm not sure if that's what I got although the chances are good - I looked it up and I do have those symptoms.

I'm about 1/2 better right now but this illness was the worst I've gotten in at least 10 - 15 years. I usually don't get that sick but this one got me good.