Author Topic: Oh... my! I actually have watery eyes. It's so awesome. Indiana Jones IV Trailer  (Read 3699 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
This is the most I've looked forward to a movie in a looong time. And this time, if Lucas adds anything similar to Jar Jar Binks (i.e. kid friendly characters or bad CG) I will track him down and kill him. I can forgive Star Wars, but this is the last unspoiled memory of my childhood.

Oh, and I wish Sean Connery could've been in this one as well.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
It looks like they might have actually done a good job on it. I just hope that it coming out means they'll show the first movie on TV again as I haven't seen it in years.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
I realize they are fighting communists and that Harrison isn't THAT old, but my friend said something that made me laugh pretty hard. I sent him the link to the trailer, and he said

Quote from: Howling Llama
So what's the plot in this one again? Nazis done stole his metamucil?
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
This is the most I've looked forward to a movie in a looong time. And this time, if Lucas adds anything similar to Jar Jar Binks (i.e. kid friendly characters or bad CG) I will track him down and kill him. I can forgive Star Wars, but this is the last unspoiled memory of my childhood.

Lucas is only producing it. Spielberg is the director. Usually the director trumps the producer when it comes to what actually goes into a movie. The producer's job is pretty much just to hire all the talent, the director controls how that talent is utilized.

So it's unlikely there is much Lucas influence in this one just as there wasn't much in the previous three.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Well, that makes me feel better.
Guess I can wait to buy the box set now, what with this one looking awesome :D
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
The trailer looks good, I must admit I had reservations about this one being 'Indy and the hip of doom' but it looks like they're going to treat the age thing with a bit of subtle humour.

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
I was feeling semi-leery about this after reading the bitter statements from Frank Darabont, who wrote an earlier version of the script that ol' George supposedly mercilessly vetoed. But damn! I'm getting all warm and touchy-feely feeling in my guts when I see the trailer.

Indy's back!

Talking about Star Wars, I still haven't seen Revenge of Sith... Not sure why, really. The only big complaint I've heard about that one was something involving Darth Hayden and "NOOOOOOO!!!!"   
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 10:59:18 AM by Morb »

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Talking about Star Wars, I still haven't seen Revenge of Sith... Not sure why, really. The only big complaint I've heard about that one was something involving Darth Hayden and "NOOOOOOO!!!!"   

It's the best of the prequels... but that doesn't say much.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

A.S.S.R.

• Desert Nomad
  • The Claw!
    • View Profile
It's the best of the prequels... but that doesn't say much.

Agreed.

I wonder how outdated the CGI in those will look in 10 years time (and whether Lucas will be unfrozen to do yet another re-polish).