Author Topic: Minnesota election....anyone keeping up with this?  (Read 2140 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Minnesota election....anyone keeping up with this?
« on: December 04, 2008, 06:08:30 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/12/03/minnesota-recount-how-to-stuff-a-ballot-box-and-other-developments/

Here's where 171 ballots that favored Franklin by 37 votes magically appeared out of thin air. As the link states, the original explanation for them being lost doesn't wash.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/12/04/minnesota-recount-duplicate-ballots-hit-franken/

They just found 46 ballots for Franken that had been counted twice.

Can we just assume from now on that the US election process is just a joke?  ::)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota election....anyone keeping up with this?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 07:39:26 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/12/03/minnesota-recount-how-to-stuff-a-ballot-box-and-other-developments/

Here's where 171 ballots that favored Franklin by 37 votes magically appeared out of thin air. As the link states, the original explanation for them being lost doesn't wash.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/12/04/minnesota-recount-duplicate-ballots-hit-franken/

They just found 46 ballots for Franken that had been counted twice.

Can we just assume from now on that the US election process is just a joke?  ::)

Haven't we been assuming that for a while now?
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 08:31:39 PM »
Yeah I doubt there are many people who don't think that the elction process is a farce.

roughrider

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »
On account of living in Minnesota except for the 9 months I spend at school I've been trying to pay some attention. A couple days ago the state denied a request from Coleman to deny 150-some votes towards Al that had almost certainly been counted twice. The whole thing really angers me. I understand people usually vote for the member of their party, and I voted Coleman, but Al Franken is a comedian...not a politician. Honestly he's kind of a dickhead too. We should have been embarrassed enough after voting a professional wrestler into office we shouldn't even have to deal with a recount between a legitmate mayor/senator and a comedian.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 06:27:02 PM »
On account of living in Minnesota except for the 9 months I spend at school I've been trying to pay some attention. A couple days ago the state denied a request from Coleman to deny 150-some votes towards Al that had almost certainly been counted twice. The whole thing really angers me. I understand people usually vote for the member of their party, and I voted Coleman, but Al Franken is a comedian...not a politician. Honestly he's kind of a dickhead too. We should have been embarrassed enough after voting a professional wrestler into office we shouldn't even have to deal with a recount between a legitmate mayor/senator and a comedian.

I saw that bit about Coleman's request being turned  down and I guess now they are going to dispute the results through the legal process because of those votes he says were counted twice (haven't seen the details on that) so this thing is going to stretch well into January.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney