Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 544029 times)

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #615 on: January 26, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »
Watch out for ID theft.  One of my other computer is still in limbo after a password virus.  And that huge bug uncovered in July isn't helping things much. 

As for things here..., well, I stuck to my Solar New Year resolution and has worked out for 1-2 hours for 20 days (with 4 days rest) now.  I have lost 9 lbs so far, and my goal is 170 lbs, give or take a few.  I am stepping up my weight/strength training next week, and we'll see how it goes.  As for the diet, it's mysterious, but as long as I eat any kind of breakfast, the rest really doesn't matter.  Momentum is also an mysterious thing, as long as I get started/going, I usually go full tilt untill I have to stop, and no rationalizations or procrastinations can paralyze me. 

when you start weights, forget about weightloss. You'll get a weightgain most likely. Lose fat, make muscle, muscle outweighs fat and whatnot.

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #616 on: January 29, 2009, 12:08:04 AM »
Finally got some examresults- fialed a class I knew I'd fail (lack of turn-ins).

Surprise passing of a class I tohught I'd screwed up the exam for- yay!

Just need results for Java, but I expect to pass that.

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 01, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »
That thing I was fighting a few months ago?  I lost.
My partner died just before new year and I'm not coming to terms with it.  My sister miscarried and the baby would have been born 4 days ago.
I'm homeless and jobless.  I've got debt up to my eyeballs and no way of paying it off. 
Mike, my cat, is possibly sick but I don't know for sure cause I've had to go away for a few days.

I'm drinking a lot and smoking a lot more than what's good for me. 

I'm staying with a friend who lives on the 14th floor and has a balcony. I sit on his couch.  I look out the window and think about walking over the edge.

I won't tho.  I'll just keep drinking and smoking in stead.
Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 01, 2009, 02:57:46 PM »
My partner died just before new year and I'm not coming to terms with it.  My sister miscarried and the baby would have been born 4 days ago.
I'm homeless and jobless.  I've got debt up to my eyeballs and no way of paying it off. 
Mike, my cat, is possibly sick but I don't know for sure cause I've had to go away for a few days.

I'm staying with a friend who lives on the 14th floor and has a balcony. I sit on his couch.  I look out the window and think about walking over the edge.

Wow  :(

*dwarf hugs*

I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you but I hope you don't do anything drastic. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope that things start to turn around for you soon. Keep posting updates for us as you can.

"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #619 on: February 01, 2009, 10:39:59 PM »

Geez... sorry to hear about what's going on. If you need someone to talk to, my e-mail's in my profile.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #620 on: February 07, 2009, 07:41:42 AM »
I'm flying out to Florida tomorrow. Going to Disney World! =D

See you all on the 15th!

7 Days of pure Disney goodness. Glee!

Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 07, 2009, 08:49:02 AM »

See you all on the 15th!

Don't Pooh anything we wouldn't Pooh!  ;)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #622 on: February 07, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »

See you all on the 15th!

Don't Pooh anything we wouldn't Pooh!  ;)

I'm going to have a wholesome time visiting the land where a lady goes to live with seven men she hardly knows.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 07, 2009, 10:15:29 AM »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 08, 2009, 10:11:46 AM »
It occurred to me that I haven't actually said anything of my life in here.  Rather than prolong your obvious agony of not knowing the details, here's a summary.

I now have a girlfriend (briefly referenced some time ago) who I met through a local theatre group.  She was the director, I was the lead villain.  It was a match made on her verandah roof (where we'd gone with a couple of her friends to pass the night, singing whatever songs the music director could play on guitar before falling asleep: Apparently it was all a test to see if I snored.)

Said theatre group is performing The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe this year.  I'm playing Aslan!  My girlfriend is not directing (last year's music director is.)  She's playing the Witch.  That's right.  She gets to sacrifice me.  Then I come back to life and kill her.

We also play WoW together and just got our pair of characters up to 80.  I'm a paladin tank, she's a mixed up hunter.  At least I convinced her to stop using tanking pets.  Found her a pretty wind serpent to use instead.

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 08, 2009, 10:38:31 AM »
We also play WoW together and just got our pair of characters up to 80.  I'm a paladin tank, she's a mixed up hunter.  At least I convinced her to stop using tanking pets.  Found her a pretty wind serpent to use instead.

Wind Serpents are cunning pets, which means they're fucking retarded.  A wind serpent's special moves are mana restore (talent) and a gay-ass nuke.  Make that bitch get a dire wolf for the permanent 158 AP raid buff.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 08, 2009, 07:22:31 PM »
My hunter just has one of those ravagers right now cause it was there when I turned 10.  Not sure what pet I'll go for. Wolves seem so boring. I saw some gal with a huge dinosaur the other day.  Being away from the game for so long is strange, so much stuff I don't know about.  But I am fairly certain that we couldn't train dinosaurs from Un'goro before.

Or that two headed wolf.  I saw someone with that as a pet as well.

There are some pretty cool pets though.  I guess with being able to train more then one, there is nothing wrong with having a raid pet and then a pet you love just cause it's cool. Like a  huge wasp....who wouldn't want a wasp as a pet?

"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 08, 2009, 08:11:22 PM »
Emphasis on the huge. Sholazar wasps don't shrink when you tame them >.>
But yeah, as a buddy of mine mentioned: If you have no rogues or warrior tanks in your party, a Wasp is killer. Physical DPS goes boom :D
My raptor Ishamuhale has been my buddeh forever and he still puts out the most damage. I loves him.

My raven, gorilla, and nether ray are all situational. Like, "am I bored" situational >.>
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 08, 2009, 08:22:12 PM »
ok - I just looked up pets and what they are and do and....goodness, there are some cool pets out there.

I want a wasp! *nods* and I totally take back my 'wolves are boring' comment - as I now want a Vargul Blighthound!

and the girly girl in me wants a moth. Though I can only imagine that would be a useless pet.  They certainly are cute though. :D
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF