Author Topic: Xbox accounts  (Read 8426 times)

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox accounts
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 11:28:15 PM »
The NXE was released today. I miss the blades a bit but the new dashboard is much cleaner, but it does take a bit of hunting to find what you're looking for after using the old version for so long.

The install features and the ability to delete 0 point games is very handy.

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 01:02:39 AM »
It was a dramatic change, an unnecessarily, but it looks much better to me. I also find it to be much more interesting; I just decided to spend a lot of time looking through everything. The only thing I don't like is that it is a bit slower in game.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 09:02:23 AM »
I love the new update. I have some trouble finding things but I suspect that will change in a week or so.

Netflix streaming is pretty nice. It fulfills that "Oh... I haven't thought about this in a while but it's available so yes I will watch Every Which Way but Loose and Mannequin since it's available" need.

The avatars are much better than the Nintendo Miis. Now generations above but still very good.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Xerxes

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Wielder of the Xcutsel Widget
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 04:23:29 AM »
Xerxes_42 ... but my Xbox 360 is so puny it cannot get the New Xbox Experience (the Arcade was all I could afford... a hard drive will follow if this Chrimbo provides me wirh enough money)
I am thinking of changing my title to "He who must only be mentioned in passing".

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 06:23:51 AM »
OH MY GOD!!!

We're watching Mystery Science Theater with the Party Feature with our Silhouettes in front of the screen! It's so MST3K'y!

Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 04:03:07 AM »
OH MY GOD!!!

We're watching Mystery Science Theater with the Party Feature with our Silhouettes in front of the screen! It's so MST3K'y!

i like how they incorporate the avatars into a lot of stuff... extra cool was my avatar (with the skeletal face paint) singing Astro Zombies in Guitar Hero 5!

oh and since i bought all of the Fallout 3 DLC, i got a free premium theme from Microsoft... my dashboard is all Fallouty! i get the wasteland as my background, and my friends list has buildings and props n' such for each person's avatar.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 08:05:53 AM »
Look what I got!

A Vault Suit for my Avatar.

For some reason the OLD Vault suits aren't available for female avatars although they have it for the male models. =/

I like THIS one better but still...

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 12:54:43 PM »
Netflix streaming is pretty nice. It fulfills that "Oh... I haven't thought about this in a while but it's available so yes I will watch Every Which Way but Loose and Mannequin since it's available" need.

"You could spend your whole life in pursuit of such perfection, and it would not be a wasted life."

There really aren't enough good funny monkey movies. I mean, there are good (Monkey Shines, and that one with Ferris Bueller and the smoking monkey who dies of radiation poisoning) AND bad (Congo) scary monkey movies and good (???) AND bad (Dunston Checks In, Most Valuable Primate) funny monkey movies, but usually funny monkey movies suck and scary monkey movies are awesome.

Every Which Way But Loose (and to a far less extent Any Which Way You Can) are examples of good funny monkey movies.

As a matter of fact, I really wish Clyde had figured into more Clint Eastwood movies. I mean, yeah, he might have been a bit out of place in Play Misty for Me, but I'm sure they could have found a plausible way to work him into High Plains Drifter, which already had a distracting circus midget and ghosts in it; so really anything would have flown in that movie. And I'm thinking maybe ONE Dirty Harry sequel. Probably not the last one, but one of the middle ones would have been fine. Maybe have Clyde as evidence at a crime scene or the only witness to a murder or something. It would be like Witness, but with an Orangutan instead of Amish people.

EDIT: Seriously, I don't even need to WATCH Monkey Shines to have to sleep with the lights on for weeks. Seriously, somebody just has to say "monkey with a straight razor", and my imagination takes over from there.

EDIT: Mannequin?!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:05:25 PM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 01:01:47 PM »
For some reason the OLD Vault suits aren't available for female avatars although they have it for the male models. =/

It may be an early warning sign of Blue Cross Disease but I can't tell the difference between the new and old Vault suits, unless of course there's no number 13 on the back of the new ones. Looks like it's sort of like the two versions of Booster Gold. So similar you don't notice until they're side by side.

EDIT: This makes me nostalgic for Lerktoons, and it's one of my eternal regrets that I joined the UV just a skosh too late to ever get one.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:04:30 PM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"