Author Topic: Brits top the US  (Read 1279 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Brits top the US
« on: March 22, 2008, 11:38:00 PM »
http://biz.yahoo.com/nytimes/080322/1194758124005.html?.v=1

At spending money they don't have to spend. Grats to you Brits! You are even worse than we are at spending responsibly.   ;)

"Debt-Gorged British Start to Worry That the Party Is Ending
Saturday March 22, 8:37 pm ET
By JULIA WERDIGIER

LONDON — At one point, Alexis Hall had more than 50 pairs of designer shoes and handbags. It never occurred to the 39-year-old media relations executive from Glasgow that her £31,500 in debt ($63,000) would be a problem.

“It was so easy to get the loans and the credit that you almost think the goods are a gift from the shop,” she said. “You don’t fully realize that it’s real money you are spending until you actually sit down and consolidate your bills and then it’s a shock.”

More at link

"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: Brits top the US
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 06:57:00 AM »
I am very sad at this. As Americans we're supposed to be number one.

=/

At least we're still number one at eating food.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!