Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 545776 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #660 on: July 31, 2009, 10:01:36 PM »
My comic book guy told me that she'd been in  his shop yesterday, I don't know any more than the fact that she's still around.

Well at least we know that much. Thanks.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #661 on: August 07, 2009, 10:48:03 PM »
Junie (The thin Cairn Terrier) poked her eye in the bush and there's a tear. The vet said we got to it in time. Her vision should be safe as long as we keep her in the come (which she hates) and rub the salve into her eyes.

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 11, 2009, 03:43:23 AM »
at least it's not the cone of shame...

how long does she need to keep it on?
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #663 on: August 11, 2009, 05:10:49 AM »
at least it's not the cone of shame...

how long does she need to keep it on?

Funny. That's what we've been calling it. The Cone of Shame®

The cone is off and the vet says her eye healed perfectly. They can't even find the tear (but not tear) in her eye.
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 15, 2009, 12:57:04 AM »
It has been too long my friends. How have you all been. Well life has been busy in the Army. Attending all these cool courses, learning about Small Arms Maintenance!

And here is me... one War wound later

@the dog with the Cone.
What sort of crime did the dog commit to be sentenced to carry to the cone of shame?

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 15, 2009, 05:51:12 AM »
And here is me... one War wound later

Wait...what? I thought you were home and done?   :(
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 15, 2009, 05:35:01 PM »
I am still in the Army, we just aren't deployed. We're gearing up for the next deployment, since we are classified as an Expeditionary Unit.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 15, 2009, 07:49:05 PM »
I am still in the Army, we just aren't deployed. We're gearing up for the next deployment, since we are classified as an Expeditionary Unit.

I meant the part about the war wound. I don't remember you getting wounded.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 16, 2009, 12:51:42 AM »
I got wounded in October of 2008, during Operations in Baghdad. Some shrapnel wounds.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 16, 2009, 03:37:14 AM »
I got wounded in October of 2008, during Operations in Baghdad. Some shrapnel wounds.

Ah yeah. I went back and looked at your post then I remembered. For some reason I remembered a close call with a bullet hitting a wall close to you but I didn't remember the shrapnel. Stupid memory from stupid sleep issues.  :(

Just to show you what an idiot I am, I even responded to your post back then.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 03:38:46 AM by Brugdor »

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #670 on: August 16, 2009, 05:19:05 AM »
@the dog with the Cone.
What sort of crime did the dog commit to be sentenced to carry to the cone of shame?

She was out being walked and she poked her eye in a bush. She let out a little yelp and we took her to the vet. She had a small rip in her eye (if I type tear people think she was crying) but it's all better now. The cone was to keep her from scratching her eye.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 16, 2009, 05:46:19 PM »
Ahh... Poor Doggy. Tearing the eye ball hurts.

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 13, 2009, 12:14:47 AM »
I got married, the last three days have been the most exciting, the happiest and most nerve wracking of my life.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 13, 2009, 12:56:11 AM »
congrats.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #674 on: September 13, 2009, 06:58:49 AM »
I got married, the last three days have been the most exciting, the happiest and most nerve wracking of my life.

Congrats! Any photos of the happy event?