Author Topic: Heinlein quote (cause i bored)  (Read 2559 times)

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
Heinlein quote (cause i bored)
« on: March 23, 2011, 06:39:14 PM »
Stupidity cannot be cured with money or through education, or by legislation.
Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid.
But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and the execution is carried out automatically and without pity.
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: Heinlein quote (cause i bored)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 02:21:31 AM »
I like this one:

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
Re: Heinlein quote (cause i bored)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 05:25:39 PM »
is funny u post that one is also one of my Favs
:D
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...