Author Topic: Loot listing?  (Read 5537 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Loot listing?
« on: December 25, 2009, 07:04:30 PM »
What did YOU get and give?

I got a Kindle DX, Scribblenaughts, assorted nuts and candies, a mini Nintendog, Kindle cover and light, and a house!

I got my love a Vampire Hunter kit (It looks like something out of the 1800s - Complete with daggers, holy water, garlic, crosses, etc), and a Kindle 2.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Loot listing?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 08:16:29 PM »
got a snuggie. no idea why. knowing my mom, it was on sale or something. i think she wants me to leave it at home when i go back to school.

i also got a harddrive with a tb of space. learned that i've got nearly 40 gigs of video files.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »
got a snuggie. no idea why. knowing my mom, it was on sale or something. i think she wants me to leave it at home when i go back to school.

i also got a harddrive with a tb of space. learned that i've got nearly 40 gigs of video files.

The scare or awesome part is... one day that TB drive will seem small.

I remember someone bragging about having a gig devoted to games. Yes, a gig! I also remember a Mad Magazine article being sarcastic by showing an imaginary computer with about 6 times what was standard. A few years later, it would be considered slow and small.

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 03:59:08 AM »
I got left 4 dead 2 for the PC, been playing it bit with my brother.

It was a big christmas however, since this was my 3 year old nephews first xmas where he was really aware of what the holiday means.

It's a whole new thing watching the next generation light up at the sight of presents, remembering that you used to be that small...going through the same toy rush lol

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 04:12:51 AM »
   I'm an interesting person to shop for; I told everyone to get something unqiue and personal you couldn't just run to wal-mart to buy. I also like to buy those things.

I got an old green traffic light for my room, a nice black peacoat, a manly utility knife, a few jackets, and money among other things.
And got the fallout collection, fun  :)
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 04:51:42 AM »
It was a big christmas however, since this was my 3 year old nephews first xmas where he was really aware of what the holiday means.

we almost got most of my family to believe again.  it was awesome to watch them.

every year we have someone dress up as santa to start the present giving. usually it's my cousin, but he got sick of it years ago. so we had one of my friends do it. my 10 year old cousin kept looking at santa then at my cousin and back and looking around trying to figure out who it was. no one knew, we had to keep telling my grandmother that santa was real only to watch her go to the next person. kinda makes me wish we actually had a 3 year old to watch every year.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 04:07:40 AM »
I never get what I REALLY want. :(
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Thrakazog

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 08:56:47 PM »
This was the best Christmas I can remember having for a while.  Got rock band 2 boarderlands a humidor and a dremal tool with a bunch of aditional bits to use for rock carving, and a set of curved rasps as well.
On the fringe, blood and bullets are the rule of law, and if you're a man of conviction, violence is inevitable.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 09:24:50 AM »
I got... let's see... Demon's Souls for the PS3 (great game, btw), some Blu Rays (North by Northwest, Gomorrah), a nice Jets shirt, the new MSTK box set, some tools, some gift cards, etc etc.  I gave my wife some Pandora charms (this stuff is like Pokemon for grownup girls), some books, a drink blender for her girly drinks, a few DS games (she's hooked on Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, and has the new Zelda for whenever she tires of it)

All in all, a solid year in terms of stuff. Plus, good food and drink (man, I feel fat), and 2 weeks off. Nice way to end the year  ;D

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 10:01:52 PM »
All I got for Christmas was a collectors edition of Dragon Age Origins and some money, but I was pretty damned pleased with the loot nonetheless. ;)

My goddaughter got a children's teaset and a pirate hat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 10:03:34 PM by Morb »

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 01:53:49 AM »
Liz got me a Golden Ticket to Three Floyd's Dark Lord Fest.

Her sister got me two metal CD's. (She heard I was a metalhead so she asked for recommendations from a music store guy. However, the CD's are death metal, which really isn't my thing--I got no problems with the music, but the whole growling lead singer doesn't really do it for me. I'm much more into the progressive metal thing.)

Her father got me a bottle of Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal cognac.

My younger sister got me a collection of the early Hitchcock films (i.e. all black and white and some of them the old silent films).

My older sister got me a set of winter running clothes.

All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 03:24:15 AM »
I got...... Screwed (nothing new lol)

however on the whole HD conversation i hate to say i remember when i got my first HD (5Mb on old 8088) i made the comment, How will i ever fill that thing up..... Need i say more..
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 04:50:25 PM »
I forgot to mention Liz's mom got her a PS3 which is kind of a joint present since I'll use it significantly (I already use the 360 a good amount.) After all, the HDTV Liz and I bought a while back is at her place anyway.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 05:46:00 AM »
Borderlands (360 version) - this game is absolutely amazing. if Dragon Age hadn't come out this year, i would have called this Game of the Year. also get the Zombie Island add-on, well worth the 10 bucks.
Dead Snow (Nazi zombie movie from Norway, totally awesome one, at that)
drummer stool (for when i play teh plastic drums in Rock Band, it's super comfy on the ass)
some PJs
chocolate and candy
gift cards:
- Futureshop, x2 (so far got myself the original Day The Earth Stood Still and Something Something Something Dark Side on DVD)
- Tim Horton's (christened it with a medium French Vanilla.... yum)
- Cineplex theaters, x2.
- iTunes (got myself $24.04 worth of music, 3 more cents and i could have gotten another song. got myself the latest Metric album and some b-sides, covers, other random single songs and even a hip hop remix of The Kids Aren't Alright by the Offspring, which actually makes for better hip hop than actual hip hop these days)
annnnd  money. and a metal thermos

as for post-Christmas, got myself a hoodie, shirt and pin from Jinx.com as they had a 20% off promo going on (they sell the official WoW shirts if it doesn't initially ring a bell) and the Ghostbusters game that came out in June for 6 bucks on Steam. six. freaking. dollars. the console version is still 40 on Amazon.ca.

datamies

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 11:58:13 AM »
I bought each of my three brothers a Playstation 3. As for myself, I ordered a new pc with..

- Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz
- Gainward GeForce GTX 295 (1792MB GDDR3)
- 12GB memory (6x2GB DDR3 1333MHz)
- 1TB Samsung Spinpoint (SATAII, 7200RPM)
- Corsair 850W power
- the rest of the deal.. motherboard, dvd, case, etc.

As for other loot, it was mostly the traditional stuff...