Author Topic: Dating update!  (Read 7974 times)

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
Dating update!
« on: February 20, 2009, 05:30:03 PM »
Well, it's been just over two weeks since our first date, so I figured I'd throw up a quick post in case anyone is remotely interested in the haps.

You may remember we went out for Thai food and oysters two weeks ago yesterday.  Following that we went out last Tuesday and went swimming/lounging at a heated pool/sauna that a friend of hers works at.  Following that we went out last Friday with a couple of friends of mine, then I drove her home.  You may recall that last friday was the day before Valentine's day.  What did we do for Valentine's day, you ask?  We went out for breakfast!

Feel free to fill in the blanks.

Since then I saw her sunday, tuesday, and I'm seeing her again tonight!  I am smitten, my friends.  Absolutely smitten.  This girl is incredible.  I gotta keep myself under control or I may kidnap her and force her to live in my closet! 

Also, in case anyone is paying attention to the math, within a week of meeting her I had a date, and within a week of the first date we were dating.  That's how you get it done, son!  I ain't got time for no jibba jabba!  Now that it's clear we've got something going on it's cool to relax a bit and take my time;  I'm not trying to get into something SUPER SERIAL right now since I just got out of a 3.5 year relationship a couple months ago.  However, don't spend any more time in the what-if zone than you have to.  That zone is for chumps!

editted because I had too many exclamation marks because I am SMITTEN

edit edit:  Actually, I lied about the math, it was a week and a day between the first date and the third date where we became a thing.  What is WRONG with me
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 05:39:41 PM by Thanatos »
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: Dating update!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 10:12:55 PM »
Congrats!
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:38:39 PM »
Wow, you whore lucky bastard man! Congratulations
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:16:27 AM »
'grats dude.

glad to hear you so excited.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Bubonic

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Trying not to feed the Yao Guai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 02:56:33 AM »
I gotta keep myself under control or I may kidnap her and force her to live in my closet! 

Ahhhhh.... The sign of true love!

Congrats mate.  Hope it all works out well for you both!
You know what Freud says : You gotta think twice before you penis.
--Solwyn

Blue Elf shot the potion!
--Gauntlet

The UV Bungie Cord is strong.
--Doombot

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 03:01:42 AM »
this post makes me happy - it's like a 4 thumbs up post.

much better then a rant about breaking up or how you didn't get the girl but are busy stalking her. Of course, I am sure you'd make a post about stalking a girl funny. Damn you for being so dang charming even in text!

poor girl didn't stand a chance really.  

((also, some of my favorite things about your posts are your reasons for edits, not sure why...maybe cause it's not something people usually do))

"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 12:12:54 AM »
I'm not trying to get into something SUPER SERIAL right now since I just got out of a 3.5 year relationship a couple months ago. 

Meaningless.

Glad you are having a good time - sounds really exciting.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 11:10:11 PM »
much better then a rant about breaking up or how you didn't get the girl but are busy stalking her.

Gotta leave something for me to post about ;D

Good on ya, than
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

karategoldfish

• Wasteland Denizen
  • uv mac enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • http://karategoldfish.livejournal.com
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 02:06:07 AM »
omg! that is fantastical news. it's also really nice that you got to go swimming in FEBRUARY. isn't virginia like totally covered in snow about now? yay for youuuuu!
love, fish

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!

Virginia is not covered in snow, but it is extremely, extremely cold.  It's shenanigans. 

I don't really have anything else to say; no exciting developments aside from the fact that she made a Death Knight on my server.  Which is awesome.  Also we're going out tonight for fat tuesday!

So, yeah, thanks again guys!
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 07:57:22 PM »
Congrats! Good job on seizing life!
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 05:19:14 AM »
shenanigans. 

There is a law firm in my area that uses this word in their commercials.

"When you hire Elliot Tettenbaum, the shenanigans from the defense lawyer stops"

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 11:40:09 PM »
Ahh - the old rag soaked in chloroform gets 'em every time, doesn't it :)

Sounds absolutely great man, always cheers to up to hear about people falling in love. Unless they're related *nods*

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 05:06:22 PM »
Some of you know I went to Virginia Tech; Julia and I were there over the weekend for this formal event I attend every year.  She'd never been there before so I got to show her around; it was fun! 

Picture!

edit: note that while my hair is naturally red, her hair is naturally brown, but she has red highlights atm.  Why do I bring this up?  Because she makes fun of me for having red hair occasionally.  What the hell kind of sense does that make?  CRAZY WOMEN MAKE ME CRAZY

also I really need to clean this picture up now that I actually look at it.  It was in the 'dancing and general mayhem' portion of the evening so the lights were pretty low; my suit appears to be melding into the darkness.  Also I think there's a grue behind us.  Note to self: remember to fix picture even though there's no way you will actually remember this so I can basically say whatever I want.  Hey, me!  You're stupid!  What now!?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:11:09 PM by Thanatos »
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 05:42:09 PM »
than, you're adorable
In case of rapture, can I have your car?