Author Topic: National Novel Writing Month AGAIN WITH MORE STUFF THIS TIME  (Read 15179 times)

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
Re: National Novel Writing Month AGAIN WITH MORE STUFF THIS TIME
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 01:45:23 PM »
I'm surprised Front-A-Lot didn't make your favorite music, but then again I guess he doesn't record in the devil's tongue, aka spanish
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 05:21:17 PM »
i'm in! although i lost patience after signing up, so my profile is completely empty. hopefully i can still access it. :D

now give me ideas? ha

As the month gets closer to the end, bringing the beginning of November - I am thinking more  the ‘genre’ of books.

At first my opinion was that it didn’t matter so much, basically I would just write a fiction of some sort of and not worry about certain rules of any specific genre. Then I realized that I’d actually prefer a bit of structure for myself - guidelines I’d have to stay in, guidelines that my character would have to live by.

Though I enjoy reading science fiction, and dislike the idea of writing the typical ‘fantasy’ world - I think I like the idea of a mix of the two. Of course a lot of what I read these days seems to be a nice mixture, so perhaps this is why I am drawn to the idea.

Of course my book is already starting out to be a horror book. Dark in feeling, and I want to keep it that way.

A dark horror/fantasy/sci. fi with a cat/imp as a familiar/best friend/side kick to my demon/thief/mechanic type gal...

*looks*

Indeed, I think I need a specific ‘rules’ to keep me in tow. *chuckles*

This is all just locked in my head at the moment, as I am not even allowing myself to write notes - so I am well aware it’s bound to change a lot before November arrives.

....though I do need to do a bit of research on swords, sword fighting and what realistically a gal could use.

Taking into consideration that as she isn’t human and that I don’t have to stick to human gals strengths for what she could swing with any power being it.  Hmmm - of course I also dislike books where the main character is so super powered you don’t empathize at all.
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 08:33:02 PM »
i'm tearing apart a fairy tale. maybe the bible. thinking of the first though.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 08:41:24 PM »
i'm tearing apart a fairy tale. maybe the bible. thinking of the first though.

:)

fairy tales and the bibles - great place to start.  I've already gone through my bible and written down a few scriptures I want to keep in mind.
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

karategoldfish

• Wasteland Denizen
  • uv mac enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • http://karategoldfish.livejournal.com
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2007, 11:31:59 PM »
i got it! i'm doing a slightly exaggerated bio of a girl i met in college. she was loco. but fascinating. so there will be plenty of real-life inspiration, and since i don't know her that well, i can exaggerate. so she can just be my muse.

i really want to follow through with this. please force me to keep up with it! :D
love, fish

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 12:25:14 AM »
=waves his hand=
You will write every day. You will pay Sys for all his hard work recently. Credits will be fine.
:)
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.