Author Topic: Smash Brothers is fun! =)  (Read 9637 times)

Killmod

Re: Smash Brothers is fun! =)
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 08:19:30 PM »
I am AMAZED at the depth of this game.
AMAZED.

Nintendo outdid themselves.

How So? I haven't played it.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 09:30:15 PM »
Got my LAN adapter

Is a friend code the same thing as a brawl code?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 09:34:18 PM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008, 01:06:27 AM »
Got my LAN adapter

Is a friend code the same thing as a brawl code?

No it's different. You should have two sets of codes (I forget where to find them though.) I can find out in a little bit and post it.

Found it.

Brawl Code

When you start playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl, click on the Wi-Fi setting and a pop-up will appear informing you of your Brawl code (This will only happen after the first log in.)

In order to access it again you can go to your Friend's roster (Connect to Wi-Fi ---> With Friends ---> Friend Roster) and your Brawl code will appear at the top of the screen.

Friend Code

I'ts the long number on the front page on your Wii address book.
Click the envelope on the bottom right-hand corner. Click "create message" then click address book. There is your number.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008, 01:59:25 AM »
Ah, well in that case my brawl code appears to be 0645-5543-5102

I added both of you (Doomsie, Solwyn) to my friends list. Not sure where to go from there.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 04:32:54 PM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 05:24:37 AM »
The crappy part about the wii is that you don't really have a chance to contact each other real-time. A friend of mine messaged me online, and then we met on the game. You'll go to "nintendo wifi connection" and then click the brawl type you want to do. Then you start a game, and someone can join, or vice-versa.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 05:37:39 AM »
The crappy part about the wii is that you don't really have a chance to contact each other real-time. A friend of mine messaged me online, and then we met on the game. You'll go to "nintendo wifi connection" and then click the brawl type you want to do. Then you start a game, and someone can join, or vice-versa.

Yeah I've noticed that. However the last time I checked both of you were "awaiting authorization" or some such.

I've tried just getting random games and it just sits there waiting for other players until I give up. I can be a spectator no problem but as soon as I actually want to fight it's wait...until...sleepy...and....zzzzz

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

karategoldfish

• Wasteland Denizen
  • uv mac enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • http://karategoldfish.livejournal.com
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2008, 03:48:55 PM »
hahhahahaha that video is so funny! SHEEP!
love, fish

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2008, 08:27:07 PM »
I am AMAZED at the depth of this game.
AMAZED.

Nintendo outdid themselves.

How So? I haven't played it.
Sorry I didn't respond to this, I spaced it.

There are a whole bunch of individual game modes. The adventure mode on this game (kind of a side-scrolling platform thing) is much more advanced than in the other games. There are a TON of levels to play on, and there are a bunch that have really cool concepts, like on the Wario Ware level, you do whatever the game tells you to do, like hiding under an umbrella or dodging something trying to smash you, and if you do, you become bigger or invincible or something. Also, there is a place where you can design your own levels, which you can share with your friends to play on them. You can take pictures or replay videos of every match, which you can also save.

Also, there is a lot more co-op than the previous games, the adventure mode I was talking about is co-op capable, and all of the events have a co-op version. Then all the stadium events are co-op capable. Also, there's a bunch of new characters, and they only got rid of a few originals who were redundant (no mew 2, no roy, no dr, mario, etc).

So yeah I like it, good times.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."