Author Topic: Picked up Left 4 Dead  (Read 14703 times)

karategoldfish

• Wasteland Denizen
  • uv mac enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • http://karategoldfish.livejournal.com
Re: Picked up Left 4 Dead
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 05:26:54 AM »
Jon (hubby) has  been playing this for about 14 hours now. He finally got it on Gamefly after having it in his queue for like, ever.

Last night he made some kind of weird joke that I didn't get about me being a witch that he was going to set on fire for extra points? Anyway I'm assuming there are zombie witches. Crazy.
love, fish

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 05:50:01 AM »
Jon (hubby) has  been playing this for about 14 hours now. He finally got it on Gamefly after having it in his queue for like, ever.

Last night he made some kind of weird joke that I didn't get about me being a witch that he was going to set on fire for extra points? Anyway I'm assuming there are zombie witches. Crazy.

Yes and they are always crying and moaning so you've got something to ask him about now.   ;)

They aren't playable in Versus mode though.

Oh and I see you liked the avatar I found you   ;D
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »
funny thing happened last night. i was incapped and was helped up. my friend told me to heal him for the Dead Giveaway achievement. here's how it went down:

Me: You're at full health.
Him: Okay, shoot me with a pistol, then heal me.
Me: Okay... (BOOM!)
*he is incapped*
Me: opps... that was a shotgun.

anyway, insochris is my Steam dealie.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 08:24:10 PM »
funny thing happened last night. i was incapped and was helped up. my friend told me to heal him for the Dead Giveaway achievement. here's how it went down:

Me: You're at full health.
Him: Okay, shoot me with a pistol, then heal me.
Me: Okay... (BOOM!)
*he is incapped*
Me: opps... that was a shotgun.

anyway, insochris is my Steam dealie.

Gandhi'sNightmare is mine. I'll shoot an invite your way.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 05:00:26 AM »
Inso, Doomsie, and I just got trounced in a Versus game but it was still fun to play with UVers. Still need a fourth to complete a team if anyone else out there has it or is thinking of getting it.

8)

Shard

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 08:12:40 PM »
I shall have it by Christmas.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 08:13:11 PM »
I shall have it by Christmas.

*cheer*

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 11:06:52 AM »
Another fun game... sorry for the shotgun blasts to the butt, back, legs, head, arms, butt, face, and butt Brugdor!

Found this picture while looks for teammate shootings.

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 11:12:03 AM »
Here's a shot of what it COULD have looked like as I shot Brugdor and Inso in the back.

Bill probably looked like that since he was getting himself killed and walking in front of my gun.

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 05:10:39 PM »
Bill probably looked like that since he was getting himself killed and walking in front of my gun

Bill is proof that bots are silly  *nods*

Mind of Bill - "Uh oh, the Tank is coming. I'll leave my spot and go stand directly in front of Brugdor so he can't shoot the Tank without hitting me."

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 05:30:24 PM »
Mind of Bill - "Uh oh, the Tank is coming. I'll leave my spot and go stand directly in front of Brugdor so he can't shoot the Tank without hitting me."

Also:

"If I just stand here, that same Smoker won't drag me away again!"

he also ninja'd some pills i was going to give to Brug at one point. he ended up giving them to him though, so he wasn't a total jerk :P

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 05:37:10 PM »
Hehe, just as an fyi, we'll have to work on that friendly fire issue if we want to play on Expert. One shot from a shotgun can take down a fellow survivor at that difficulty.   ;)

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 09:03:48 AM »
I played my brother's copy last night.  That was fuuuuun.  Until it crashed.  Damn my brother and his barely-spec computer!

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 07:57:10 PM »
If I played anything like I did with my mate in No Mercy on a full team, I'd get kicked for sure. I've a tendancy to wander off ahead (sort of taking point rather than staying back) and I'm somewhat trigger happy. :)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 09:37:02 PM »
If I played anything like I did with my mate in No Mercy on a full team, I'd get kicked for sure. I've a tendancy to wander off ahead (sort of taking point rather than staying back) and I'm somewhat trigger happy. :)

You'll get cured of that really quick in Versus mode. I love people who do that when I'm playing the infected   ;D