Author Topic: Obamahitler the child killer!  (Read 2964 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Obamahitler the child killer!
« on: January 24, 2009, 10:42:14 AM »
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5575883.ece

Missiles fired from suspected US drones killed at least 15 people inside Pakistan today, the first such strikes since Barack Obama became president and a clear sign that the controversial military policy begun by George W Bush has not changed.

Security officials said the strikes, which saw up to five missiles slam into houses in separate villages, killed seven "foreigners" - a term that usually means al-Qaeda - but locals also said that three children lost their lives.

More at link

*waits for the outrage to commence*

*hears crickets...and furious backpedaling...or furiously backpedaling crickets...it's hard to tell*

Just to be clear, my point isn't that the attack was a bad thing. It continued a Bush policy of applying pressure to the terrorists in the region. If kids died, that's very sad. However, in a war, it's inevitable that some innocent lives will be lost. I'm just wondering where the "Bushitler" "war crimes" people are? Isn't this the sort of thing they've been screaming about for years now? Is it ok now that a Democrat is responsible for it? Just wondering.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
Re: Obamahitler the child killer!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:10:09 AM »
I don't understand - exactly *who* are you waiting for the outrage from???

The left apologists will never say a word. Just like the right won't say anything about the right. Really, who gives a shit?

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:39:00 AM »
I don't understand - exactly *who* are you waiting for the outrage from???

The left apologists will never say a word. Just like the right won't say anything about the right. Really, who gives a shit?

Not anyone here really. Unless we have some that believe Bush is guilty of war crimes? Mostly it was just to point out the hypocrisy that's going to take place over these issues over the next 4-8 years now that a Democrat is in charge. It also illustrates that President Hopenchange isn't as Hopenchangey as advertised. Although, as I pointed out, in this case that's a good thing IMO.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Turjan

• Wasteland Denizen
  • You cannot kill a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 02:47:28 PM »
*tumbleweed from the European chapter of the UV*

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 05:10:53 AM »
Mostly it was just to point out the hypocrisy that's going to take place over these issues over the next 4-8 years now that a Democrat is in charge.

But from who? Specifically? I don't get it.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 05:15:31 AM »
Mostly it was just to point out the hypocrisy that's going to take place over these issues over the next 4-8 years now that a Democrat is in charge.

But from who? Specifically? I don't get it.

Huffpo, Kos, DU, etc. The usual suspects.

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 07:24:45 AM »
Well considering that Obama said he'd be pushing for attacks into Pakistan, it shouldnt be a surprise.

That said, anyone going into this with the idea that Obama will be perfect or will not make mistakes is rather delusional.. I personally fully expect him to be like JFK.. popular due to pure charisma but lackluster presidency.. but he could prove me wrong.