Author Topic: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned  (Read 118652 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2008, 07:30:54 PM »
For those having strength problems:

There's a quest called "Those!" (you'll get the pun when you see what you're doing) and the reward is choice of injection that increases your strength or your perception by one.

Oh... that'll come in handy!
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2008, 10:15:20 PM »
I was listening to Galaxy Radio earlier while heading towards the Washington Monument and couldn't help but smile when "Maybe" played over the radio. :)

As a side note, the Museum of Technology is well worth a visit. One of the quests takes you there anyway, but it's a lovely thing to see.

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2008, 10:50:54 PM »
I have it now!

But - and dont look if you havent noticed this already - I'm a little peeved that I think they spoil the game in the last line of the Intro in the game manual - I read it and immediately became 99% sure of the end twist :/

Anyway, I have had a tutorial from Jeff on Skype so I'm off to shoot my BB gun :)

Pipboy 2000

• Administrator of Things/Thongs
  • Administrator
  • Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2008, 10:51:55 PM »
It would be nice... if it didn't crash every time I saved.
Pipboy2000
Postmaster General, Unwashed Civil Defense Force

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2008, 10:53:57 PM »
Anyone tried the Fatman yet?

Absolutely not something to be used in close quarters but it'll cream whatever it hits pronto.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2008, 10:55:19 PM »
I have it now!

But - and dont look if you havent noticed this already - I'm a little peeved that I think they spoil the game in the last line of the Intro in the game manual - I read it and immediately became 99% sure of the end twist :/

Anyway, I have had a tutorial from Jeff on Skype so I'm off to shoot my BB gun :)

The It Was All A Dream Twist Ending?
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2008, 11:02:14 PM »
Surprise alien abduction and sex-change.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2008, 01:40:12 AM »
Anyone tried the Fatman yet?

Absolutely not something to be used in close quarters but it'll cream whatever it hits pronto.

Yep. Probably got it and used it in the same place as you and on the same thing as you.   ;)

PS - I broke down and got the extra weight perk. It's coming in very handy.

BTW, all of you still fairly early into the game should save any pre-war books you find. You'll thank me later.  I was finding them all over early on but they were too bulky to keep in large numbers and didn't appear to serve a purpose at the time. Stupid game fooled Brugdor.  :beadyeyes:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 01:43:43 AM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2008, 01:50:52 AM »
I just had a walk through the national archives, now I've to haul ass down to the Library to finish that quest in the manner of my choosing.

Thus far I've discovered the minigun isn't that good against robots while using VATS.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2008, 02:02:15 AM »
Thus far I've discovered the minigun isn't that good against robots while using VATS.

I haven't found it useful at all really but then I didn't invest many points into Big Guns. The stuff that doesn't require accuracy like the Fat Man or the Missile Launcher is fine though.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2008, 02:17:09 AM »
I've got big guns at 100 now and I'm not impressed with the damage the minigun is putting out with VATS.

Going for Big Guns has possibly been a mistake and I'm thinking energy weapons would have been better.

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2008, 02:29:05 AM »
Cujo and I got the special edition and have been playing it rabidly, this game is so brilliant and engrossing!

I found dogmeat! I WIN THE WASTELAND!    /puts the rocket launcher away and saves alot, killed poochy too many times lol

I've tried using the mini gun but it puts out crap dmg but I also don't have any real apptitude in the big guns skill.

I did however take the lady killer perk, it's only been usefull 2 times (once in mechton, once doing The Family stuff) though I just got to GNR and am making my way towards the museum.

wtb power armor training ><

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2008, 05:19:15 PM »

BTW, all of you still fairly early into the game should save any pre-war books you find. You'll thank me later.  I was finding them all over early on but they were too bulky to keep in large numbers and didn't appear to serve a purpose at the time. Stupid game fooled Brugdor.  :beadyeyes:

Just found out what you meant - and the odds of my remembering where I've seen the pre-war books scattered about so far are fairly remote.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2008, 07:08:42 PM »

Just found out what you meant - and the odds of my remembering where I've seen the pre-war books scattered about so far are fairly remote.

I went back to Minefield and that school near the vault. I knew I had had some and dropped them somewhere after I had to make room. I found 9.

Oh and stuff you need to either gather or make note of for the Railway gun - Fission batteries, crutches, pressure cookers, steam gauge assemblies? (need to double check that last one).

Edit - I think I missed some huge part of the story. I haven't run into the stuff that's been mentioned here about residents attacking each other and I haven't seen any sign of the story arc where I'm supposed to decide whether to blow up Megaton. However I have assassins showing up every now and then that try to kill me. They have notes on them that tell me who the contract holder is and I imagine it's the guy that has you blow up Megaton. I'm not sure though. *shrug* They drop nice armor for me anyway. It's DR22 and I'm wearing it in the pics I posted in the other FO3 thread.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 07:17:14 PM by Brugdor »

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2008, 10:14:59 PM »
Heh. I legged it from the raiders that came back. My gun was broken and I wasnt about to fight raiders with laser pistols with a baby 10mm pistol.
Grenade took off my leg, but a stimpack made it all better :P
Also, I saved the sherrif by standing right next to captain bastard and hitting vats as soon as he went for his gun. Head, chest, head, head. Didn't need all the shots though as the second headshot was a critial that popped his head like a melon :D
Sherrif gave me some shiny karma for that... which I promptly wasted by accidentally stealing something :(
I'm still only level 3. I'm taking it slow as I'm still playing WoW and its easy to stop playing WoW and go to bed while fallout means I'm up until 4am :T
I'll save it for the weekend.
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.