Author Topic: Dern sad movies  (Read 1270 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Dern sad movies
« on: November 05, 2008, 12:26:02 AM »
Just watched Hotel Rwanda for the first time as they showed it on TV. I've avoided seeing Schindler's List as I'm well aware of what went on in Nazi Germany and didn't feel the need to see it depicted on screen. I couldn't say the same about what happened in Rwanda. I mean I knew but not nearly in so much detail.

I don't know whether to be glad such men as Paul Rusesabagina and Oskar Schindler somehow appear during such terrible times or to be sad that they are ever needed or both.

:'(
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
Re: Dern sad movies
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:15:04 AM »
Watche it a long time aog with my dad. Apart from my grandad's funeral, that was the first time I saw him cry. He spent 5 years down there before all the crazy shit happened, back in the '70's or summat :/

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.