Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Unwashed Village / Re: Xbox and Zenimax/Bethesda Purchase
« Last post by Hoopy Frood on September 24, 2020, 03:17:47 AM »
Maybe with Obsidian back in the picture (AKA some of the guys from Interplay who made FO1 and FO2, and later went on to make FO:NV) we can get a sequel to FO:NV or at least FO:5 won't feel like a FPS with RPG elements as FO4 did.
Unwashed Village / Xbox and Zenimax/Bethesda Purchase
« Last post by Dessert Ranger on September 23, 2020, 10:05:57 PM »
So I'm sure many of you are aware of the new purchase Xbox made and how the Fallout franchise may or may not see some new stuff in the future? I've heard all different sides and thoughts of the story but from what it's sounding like is that now Obsidian, inXile, and Bethesda are now technically all under the same roof now, maybe we can see some good things to come?

Anyone have any thoughts? It may also mean a bad time for Playstation users but who knows!
Unwashed Village / Re: What's going on in your life?
« Last post by The Hanged Man on September 22, 2020, 12:52:35 AM »
Working in a school has been made a nightmare by covid restrictions and having the worst prime minister of all time at the helm.

On the bright side, I'm getting an apartment with my girlfriend soon. :)
« Last post by Hoopy Frood on September 21, 2020, 10:38:02 PM »
I picked up miniature painting as a hobby, which is a very relaxing non-electronical passtime.

There are indoor pastimes that don't involve gaming?
« Last post by Chucara on September 17, 2020, 12:28:05 AM »
Well. I quit my job because I found a better one. But I have a 6-month competition clause, so now I'm unemployed and slowly developing cabin fever from being a stay-at-home-dad.

But I bought a new 3D printer and I picked up miniature painting as a hobby, which is a very relaxing non-electronical passtime.
Unwashed Village / Re: I just learned something... maybe...
« Last post by The Hanged Man on June 19, 2020, 01:19:51 AM »
I learned that FPP is 'First Person Perspective' (an opposed to FPS - 'First Person Shooter')

Don't normally like FPS.

But I have always liked (the original) Fallout.

So... is Fallout (original) FPP?

And does anyone like Deus Ex GOTY? (now on GoG for 97 cents).

Original Fallout is Isometric gameplay. Unless you're referring to narrative, where I guess it counts as first person perspective?

I'd say an example of an FPP would be Dear Esther. Playing as a protagonist, from their first person perspective. There's no guns, so it's not a First Person shooter. :P

Deus Ex might also count as it's more of an RPG, than an FPS.
Unwashed Village / I just learned something... maybe...
« Last post by BlueCross on June 18, 2020, 06:27:12 PM »
I learned that FPP is 'First Person Perspective' (an opposed to FPS - 'First Person Shooter')

Don't normally like FPS.

But I have always liked (the original) Fallout.

So... is Fallout (original) FPP?

And does anyone like Deus Ex GOTY? (now on GoG for 97 cents).
So for those of you, who like 'so bad they're good' movies, the name James Nguyen may stick out to you. He's the creator of such films as Birdemic, Julie and Jack and the long lost Replica.

He has since come out of the woodworks with another utopian vision, which basically promises us human immortality.

https://immortaltherapeutics.com/?fbclid=IwAR0UMhfOfD_doGmMYQGqVo5oNerrH4C-ICw-Y9EFAjKyU9aq8Q1Jp6yjnhs

Is he going to make Julie and Jack's VR Ghost program a reality? Or Replica's cloning technology a retirement plan?

You'll have to forgive me for not putting much faith in it, regardless. If he can't make exploding CGI birds look realistic (from more than a distance!), I dunno if I trust him with my body or immortal soul.

Maybe I'm wrong though, could James Nguyen be the TRUE founder of the Institute?

The site does mention using nanobots to extend human life. I guess we'll all be cyborgs in the future.

So it's going to be metal gear? I'd rather trust this stuff to Hideo Kojima, than James Nguyen. :P
Unwashed Village / Re: Yo!!!
« Last post by Hoopy Frood on June 16, 2020, 08:22:58 PM »
That posts looks like it's having a rough go of things.
So for those of you, who like 'so bad they're good' movies, the name James Nguyen may stick out to you. He's the creator of such films as Birdemic, Julie and Jack and the long lost Replica.

He has since come out of the woodworks with another utopian vision, which basically promises us human immortality.

https://immortaltherapeutics.com/?fbclid=IwAR0UMhfOfD_doGmMYQGqVo5oNerrH4C-ICw-Y9EFAjKyU9aq8Q1Jp6yjnhs

Is he going to make Julie and Jack's VR Ghost program a reality? Or Replica's cloning technology a retirement plan?

You'll have to forgive me for not putting much faith in it, regardless. If he can't make exploding CGI birds look realistic (from more than a distance!), I dunno if I trust him with my body or immortal soul.

Maybe I'm wrong though, could James Nguyen be the TRUE founder of the Institute?

The site does mention using nanobots to extend human life. I guess we'll all be cyborgs in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]