Author Topic: Christmas shopping list  (Read 3676 times)

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Christmas shopping list
« on: December 14, 2008, 07:19:34 PM »
So, what you guys picking up for Christmas this year?  Show your list and help others pick a great gift!

A new bag.., what's a good color?

http://www.redoxx.com/products/54-air-boss

A new computer:

http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=en&section=1&group=1&product=8471&category=

I am not sure which one I want for my younger brother, PS3 or Xbox360.

A few perfumes for female friends.  (Going through my new book for great ideas.)

I wanted some Gloom stuff for some of my students, but it's shipped from London..., so no. 

As for me, I just need a new pair of glasses/contacts. 

What's on your list?
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas shopping list
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 05:55:47 AM »
I want a cute pink camera, that I can fit in my purse. The thing is, we have 2 good and fairly new cameras..so my hubby says I don't need another one....

I don't recall Santa saying 'what do you need for Christmas this year.'  - of course I don't NEED a pink camera. I figure Christmas gifts are for frivolous things I wouldn't buy myself. Sure, I need a new winter jacket and some winter boots...but I will bye those for myself anyway.

What I WANT is this cute sweater from the Guess store I'd never buy myself cause it's 100 bucks, AND a cute pink camera.

*nods*

"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 06:27:54 AM »
I want a cute pink camera

*Paints one of your existing camera's pink*

Well...that's done.

*satisfied Dwarf nod*
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 07:12:45 AM »
How about a link to the said sweater and pink camera?

Maybe I can sneak that to my list..  ;)
Starseeker, signing off.

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 12:30:35 AM »
I figure Christmas gifts are for frivolous things I wouldn't buy myself. Sure, I need a new winter jacket and some winter boots...but I will bye those for myself anyway.

My wife and I do this - no real "need" stuff - just more or less fun stuff or "stuff we could use but for some reason, won't buy". We also spoil each other quite a bit. I'll be sure to get some Blu Rays, some DVD box sets, an X-Box or PS3 game or two (I think Resistance 2 is in the mix), other stuff.

For her, I got her a really nice dock / speaker system for her new iPod, some games for her handhelds (she has a DS and a PSP), a nice cosmetics case (she, being disorganized, uses tupperware now), and I made her a really nice "girl's tool kit" (not a cheap "all in one set", but one where I picked each piece. She'll really like this, as this is something she'd never buy herself.) Got her a few books too, an iTunes gift card, and some other stuff. Pretty sure she'll be happy :)

Christmas is fun!!

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 03:13:23 PM »
lol, that's awesome, you are always cool in my list, Owl.  Maybe I'll add a gold plated iphone to my stocking this year :P :

http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/pr_apple_gold_3g_iphone

Or something that's just cool:  http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/pr_milwaukee_mspector_camera

Sylvee Bee.., how about a new tea pot?

http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/pr_sorapot_teapot

Starseeker, signing off.

Ymir

• Desert Nomad
  • The Lizard of Oz
    • View Profile
    • Ymirisms
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 12:16:01 AM »
We have already bought our christmas present:

Picked it up a few days ago. Just something to get from A to B that will look after the planet.

:laugh:

Cheers
Never argue with an idiot - you might win.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 12:51:24 AM »
that will look after the planet.

So it's an autobot?  :stunned:
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Ymir

• Desert Nomad
  • The Lizard of Oz
    • View Profile
    • Ymirisms
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 07:40:57 PM »
that will look after the planet.

So it's an autobot?  :stunned:

With all the doors open and the boot, it looks like one, particularly with that rear spoiler.

I'm bracing myself for the inevitable criticism that having a car with a 5.4 litre quad cam engine is not environmentally responsible and that we should be driving a hydroponic skateboard instead.

Cheers
Never argue with an idiot - you might win.