Author Topic: We need a reboot  (Read 14969 times)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: We need a reboot
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 01:33:00 AM »
........feels kinda empty.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

JC

• Wasteland Denizen
  • My Being is Zorg!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 04:32:51 AM »
I came back to see if the change would actually happen.

I am also drinking some apple tea.

From this, you can conclude nothing.

Since we have gone through a momentous change, perhaps another topic for discussion.  Our current (semi-current retired-semi-current retired-current-retired-died-resurrected-lurking-dead) member pool is pretty much limited to people who are currently active or were once active members.  That's a small group.  Very few people happen onto us and join now, is there a way to change this and attract a larger set of new victims? Is this a desirable thing?

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
for those on firefox with the stumble addon, we could all just add unwashed and see what happens?

kinda wondering who we would attract though...
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 05:02:30 AM »
for those on firefox with the stumble addon, we could all just add unwashed and see what happens?

kinda wondering who we would attract though...

Maybe Chucura can start a google adword campaign for us?

Unwashed Villagers
Find that and more
here! Free Samples!
unwashed.eu
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 12:53:09 PM »
I wrote a bunch of long drunken bullshit and deleted it, it boils down to, you're all boring as hell.  Relax.  Write some shit.  Have a few drinks and ramble.  Tell some jokes.  Catch an STD.  The original village rode the crest of the wave of the metaphor of the- whatever.  Say some interesting shit! 

Fuck, I'll write some more Thanatos News And Weathers if I have to.  I have tomorrow off, maybe I'll see if I remember how to be funny.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2010, 04:52:48 PM »
Well, maybe we'd have more members if someone finished a certain project by the name of Mr. T versus the Enclave and circulated it amongst the netizens to get us some publicity. I swear, I think only Maddox rivals San Andreas Vault for time gaps between updates.

I actually just got canned from a search engine marketing firm, and it would be a minor breach of my NCA, but I'd be willing to do an ad for the UV. I have a pretty wide breadth of work. I once worked on a campaign for a preschool and a stripper college in the same day.

The best part was they specifically said to avoid the word "stripper" in the client notes. So I cranked out this little gem. I was let go soon after.

Sensual Dance School
Learn the Mysterious Art of Erotic Pole-Dancing.
Make Lots of $$$ in Wadded-Up Dollar Bills.
www.ridemypoleacademy.com
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:04:57 PM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2010, 06:51:54 PM »
Well, maybe we'd have more members if someone finished a certain project by the name of Mr. T versus the Enclave and circulated it amongst the netizens to get us some publicity. I swear, I think only Maddox rivals San Andreas Vault for time gaps between updates.

I actually just got canned from a search engine marketing firm, and it would be a minor breach of my NCA, but I'd be willing to do an ad for the UV. I have a pretty wide breadth of work. I once worked on a campaign for a preschool and a stripper college in the same day.

The best part was they specifically said to avoid the word "stripper" in the client notes. So I cranked out this little gem. I was let go soon after.

Sensual Dance School
Learn the Mysterious Art of Erotic Pole-Dancing.
Make Lots of $$$ in Wadded-Up Dollar Bills.
www.ridemypoleacademy.com

Heh...

The trouble is... it's been so long that nothing I can create will measure up to the wait. It would just disappoint people.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2010, 11:55:10 PM »
Heh...

The trouble is... it's been so long that nothing I can create will measure up to the wait. It would just disappoint people.

What if George Lucas had that attitude. We wouldn't have... um...
WAIT! WE WOULDN'T HAVE FANBOYS!

There you go Dooms! That's your motivation! Make something unspeakably horrible and out of its wreckage-strewn legacy will hopefully come something wonderful!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:56:45 PM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"