Author Topic: Owlsie! How was Spam A Lot?  (Read 2443 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Owlsie! How was Spam A Lot?
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:42:31 PM »
We're going to see it this Monday.

My boyfriend is drolling over the VIP package but we'll probably just get the regular seats this time.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: Owlsie! How was Spam A Lot?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 12:22:05 AM »
Does he like to push the pram alot?
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 12:50:17 AM »
I saw it here in Chicago about a year ago.

I liked it a lot. I know you don't find the movie particularly funny, so I'll warn you that a good amount of the humor is the same (many of the scenes are basically remakes of the movie scenes). The musical does have more cohesion and is designed to appeal to a wider audience than the movie, though.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 01:49:39 AM »
I saw it here in Chicago about a year ago.

I liked it a lot. I know you don't find the movie particularly funny, so I'll warn you that a good amount of the humor is the same (many of the scenes are basically remakes of the movie scenes). The musical does have more cohesion and is designed to appeal to a wider audience than the movie, though.

Yeah... but I'm sure I'll be entertained. I have to be a real stick in the mud to not find something enjoyable even if it's just the costumes and music. =)
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 03:45:57 AM »
It's excellent. Maryellen and I both enjoyed it.

Like Hoopy said, it's somewhat similar to the movie, but much easier for a non-fan to enjoy. You'll like it a lot.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 04:31:56 AM »
i saw it probably around the same as hoopy. i found the first act too americanized, but the second half got better. much better.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?