Author Topic: Worlds Largest Powerball Lottery 3 Way Split  (Read 3287 times)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
Worlds Largest Powerball Lottery 3 Way Split
« on: January 14, 2016, 06:36:58 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-powerball-idUSKCN0UR2KD20160114

Welp, I didn't win the $1.5 BN lottery this year.  :P There were 3 winning tickets sold in Tennessee, California and Florida.  As of writing it hasn't been confirmed that any of the winners claimed their tickets. I'm still not quite sure how tickets with the same numbers can be sold in 3 different states.

Interestingly, I also read yesterday that each year over a hundred people don't claim tickets worth over a million dollars each.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
Re: Worlds Largest Powerball Lottery 3 Way Split
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 05:23:10 AM »
An older couple from Tennessee was the first to claim their split, which is over $200 million after taxes. They live in a small town, and in some "holier than thou moment", the old man proudly proclaimed that their simple rural lives in a modest house would not change (including keeping their averages jobs!). I found this fucking hilarious, because I don't think the old fart understands how wealth works. When you have that much wealth, your life is going to change whether you want it to or not. Even if you don't change, people around you will. Having wealth requires you to manage that wealth; Protecting it, investing it, even spending it. The reason that half of lotto winners lose their shit and go broke or crazy within the first couple of years is because they don't understand the responsibility that comes with wealth.

The way I see it, everything in this old man's life will change before his eyes; People that he knew for years will act differently, will perhaps subtly try to "earn" some money from them. Their neighbors will become jealous and even hating. People will constantly try to steal from them, even people on the other side of the world they will never see. Every place they have ever been will wonder why they don't make a "generous donation". Uncle Sam will require better records and higher taxes. They will become local celebrities. It will probably drive them so mad they end up leaving their precious small town. I feel pretty bad for all Lotto winners, but especially humble rural folks. Besides that a lot of them are ignorant fucks with no understanding of the lifestyle necessities of the super wealthy, they genuinely think that they can keep living a simple life. Its kind of sad. I'd like to see if his attitude changes in 2 years.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:25:27 AM by KMD »
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
Re: Worlds Largest Powerball Lottery 3 Way Split
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 05:58:54 PM »
I would be terrified getting the winning ticket and having my name and face publicly plastered everywhere.

I'd rather just keep my winnings under wraps and use it for the amount of good I can do with $200 Million.
After of course I buy all the stuff I need for reenacting lol
But it'll help