Author Topic: so there may have already been a 'twilight' thread...but i am lazy.  (Read 2931 times)

karategoldfish

• Wasteland Denizen
  • uv mac enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • http://karategoldfish.livejournal.com
i didn't really want to scroll through posts that i've missed searching for the keywords "vegetarian vampire" or "edward cullen" etc. haha. has anyone else read the books/seen the movie? i finally convinced my hubby to go see it with me today and the teenage girl in me is still squealing with delight. oh i loved it soooo terribly much. please tell me there is at least ONE person here who liked it. kerry? shard? acdqueen? someone!!!!!!
love, fish

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: so there may have already been a 'twilight' thread...but i am lazy.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:50:51 AM »
i didn't really want to scroll through posts that i've missed searching for the keywords "vegetarian vampire" or "edward cullen" etc. haha. has anyone else read the books/seen the movie? i finally convinced my hubby to go see it with me today and the teenage girl in me is still squealing with delight. oh i loved it soooo terribly much. please tell me there is at least ONE person here who liked it. kerry? shard? acdqueen? someone!!!!!!

Never read the book or seen the movie but let's discuss this teenage girl that you are holding prisoner inside you.  :anxious:
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 05:27:07 AM »
i was told in highschool that i should read them. was inclined to do so for a few months, then couldnt find them and stopped caring. now i'm much less inclined partially due to a 10 year old cousin being in love with them (she doesnt read many books that i do/used to), and partially due to it looks like a crappy version of what happened to harry potter. also, the last vampire books that i've really read are paranormal romance, i dont have the books anymore to make the jump less of a shock.

if i have a teenage girly day i'll find it online. i doubt it'll be worth me paying for it.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 05:32:01 AM »
I like my vampires to be hairdressers

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 01:36:05 AM »

or to drink Blood-Lite from bottles.

Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:29:54 PM

Would Twilight satisfy these requirements?
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 06:10:32 AM »
My daughter loves the books, horribly obsessed in fact!  And she said the movie was great.

A friend and I do plan on seeing it, cause we are sure we will like it in a horrible way, the same horrible way we liked the sisterhood of the traveling pants!

;D
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 11:44:59 PM »

and the teenage girl in me is still squealing with delight.

Damn, it's times like this I really miss Darkfox. 

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 03:57:22 AM »
I went to the movies the night they had a midnight showing here. At 7 o clock, I wondered why there were hundreds of girls (and a boys) lined up. Then I realized it was some big Vampire movie or something. Never Read the books, but from what I hear, they are for the 13 year old girl crowd. I don't usually (ahem) judge things or people before trying them, but if I see you going to that movie not dragged accompanied by a women, I'll have no choice but to revoke your masculinity license.  :bigcry:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:59:50 AM by Killmod Dude »
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 05:25:57 AM »
i figure it's relavent enough
In case of rapture, can I have your car?